Mike V Do or Die Available in Fall 2009 (Skateboarding)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ratrodstudio, Sep 10, 2009.

1. ratrodstudio

ratrodstudio Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    #1 ratrodstudio, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
    Ratrod Studio Inc. is proudly announcing their latest iPhone game title “Mike V - Do or Die” which is currently in development for Mike Vallely, skateboard legend and lead singer of Revolution Mother.

Mike Vallely’s latest involvement includes his participation in the Tony Hawk Ride video game published by Activision.

The player will need to complete various events to unlock miscellaneous elements including exclusive bonus material.

The game will be featuring full 3D graphics with over 40 tricks to execute by using a cutting edge trick system. The users will be able to ride in 7 unique environments on top of a special driving mode that includes a full open city with many missions to complete.

The game also includes a character, skateboard and car customization mode on top of a diversified sound track that includes multiple songs from Revolution Mother’s newest album “Rollin’ with tha Mutha”.

Mike V Do or Die will be developed by Ratrod Studio Inc. and is planned to launch on the App store by fall 2009. This big budget production will be by far one of the biggest titles to hit the iPhone.

New Video Game Trailer

The Mike V Do or Die website is now live and features more details about the game including exclusive screenshots, trick lists and game play video. Contents will be added progressively until launch date.

http://www.mikevdoordie.com

The controls in Mike V Do or Die are based on real tricks; you choose your stance - Goofy or Regular, then swipe your thumb using the same gesture that you would use “kicking it” in real life (ollie, nollie, kickflip, heelflip, shove-it or any of the other tricks). If you are riding Goofy, then obviously you need to kick the board in the opposite top end corner to do a kickflip. The game also includes plants, manuals, grinds and slides.

We are just starting the promotional campaign and there will be a few contests organized in collaboration with the different companies to promote the game. More details to come...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About Mike Vallely
    Mike Vallely is a professional skateboarder, musician, actor, stuntman and TV personality. With his involvement in many charities and his hard work to positively promote skateboarding, he quickly became a hero and legend to fans young and old alike all over the world. Mike became pro in 1986 when he was discovered by skateboarding legends Stacy Peralta and Lance Mountain. He has remained one of the most influential and important professionals over the past 23 years and counting.

Please don’t hesitate to leave us feedbacks and comments.

Thanks

Pat Toulouse
    President, Founder
    Ratrod Studio Inc.

2. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    #2 PureSkill, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    Nice, looks pretty good, like a Tony Hawk game.

Hopefully the controls will work well, from the video, they seem like they have the potential to be awesome!

3. Tiny Omar

Tiny Omar Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    I hope this is better...

I hope this is better than it looks. Being a former skater (too old and out of shape these days) and a former owner of a Vallely Powell Peralta deck, I'm a fan of action skate games and also Mike Vallely.

Also, for the record, I really thought the Vans game was a step, maybe a small one, in the right direction. I absolutely loved Tony Hawk for the old school PS1.

These days I'm working in the music industry and I have a sneaking suspicion that this game is a halfhearted effort at marketing a game, when the real goal is to promote Mikes band. I hope that I am wrong, but I worry that I may indeed be correct. Why else the exclusive music???

Also, is it just me, or do I detect big frame rate issues with the demo vid? The video just doesn't really impress me that much. It looks a bit sloppy, with low quality graphics and poor controls.

I hope this game is better than it looks, once it arrives. Definitely not a first day purchase for me though, based on what I see here. However, I will reserve final judgment until the game is live and we can get a TOFFT or two going.

All the Best to the community,
    T.O.

4. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Do you always type out essays for your posts? :p :D

5. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    And your the king of one liners!

6. Tiny Omar

Mar 31, 2009
    Yes!!!

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    :eek:

@beachmusic Yessir ;) :p

The controls look bizarre, yet remarkably easy. Pretty cool :)

8. Tiny Omar

Mar 31, 2009
    #8 Tiny Omar, Sep 10, 2009
    Call me a skeptic then. But, please note I said I was reserving my judgment.

Or maybe you couldn't make it that far down my post?:D:D:D

Just not a fan of the video of the game in it's current state. And yeah, I am suspect of anything remotely related to the music industry. In that regard you may refer to me as a curmudgeon from now on!:D

Bat Outta Hell, I enjoy your posts. Keep me on my toes and keep up the good work!!!

T.O.

9. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    +1.. The trick animations are really glitchy/jumpy and obviously need some work. Hopefully this is somewhat of an early build, and the finished product will play much smoother.

10. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Anybody seen the video where mike beats up 3 or 4 posers? You tube it, you'll want to buy the game:)

11. ratrodstudio

ratrodstudio Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    #11 ratrodstudio, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
    I have been skateboarding for over 20 years and grew up watching Vallely’s videos too. It’s definitely an honor for us to develop this game which will pay tribute to such a huge icon in this sport. This title is only the beginning, as we are planning to establish a game franchise that would bring Do or Die to all of the different gaming consoles.

We are creating a skate game that has grown out of a love for the art of skating and, in collaboration with Mike, we strive to find interesting ways to make this game a creative and free spirited adventure.

The video was from an early playable version and the game has progressed a lot since then. There are no frame rate issues or glitches. It’s running at full speed, tricks are smooth and the controls are very responsive.

The controls in Mike V Do or Die are based on real tricks; you choose your stance - Goofy or Regular, then swipe your thumb using the same gesture that you would use “kicking it” in real life (ollie, nollie, kickflip, heelflip, shove-it or any of the other tricks). If you are riding Goofy, then obviously you need to kick the board in the opposite top end corner to do a kickflip. The game also includes plants, manuals, grinds and slides.

On top of that, you have 7 unique environments to skate and a driving mode that includes a full open city with many missions to complete.

We are just starting the promotional campaign and there will be a few contests organized in collaboration with the different companies to promote the game.

12. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    #12 BATTLE BORN, Sep 10, 2009
    "Many different advergaming solutions are available ranging from branding element integration to a current game or by custom designing a complete solution to suit your needs. We will work within your budget to provide you with the most efficient way to promote your product." -Ratrod website

it's cool man, we all gotta make a living somehow ;)
    Though I totally understand that you want your games to be recognized for their own merits, and this one looks pretty cool so far. I'm looking forward to seeing some spit-shined gameplay. and if you can get sponsors to help with production costs, then more power to you.

I certainly don't blame Mike V. and co for trying this route, and I certainly don't blame you for doing your job. In fact, I've got a friend who is a pro athlete that I'd love to see in a video game. and he's got a boatload of sponsors who could probably help make it happen. Really I just hope the game turns out better than Mike V's musical endeavors which have seemed a little half-hearted in my personal opinion.
    (Edit: well I can't say that since I don't know the dude, but I've seen much better bands go under the radar over the years)

Love,

TouchArcade's original shameless self promoter, Battle Born. haha

P.S. keep up the good work. this is certainly the most promising skateboard game to date

13. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Neat, my name is Mike V.

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    this looks awesome - i love skateboarding games!

15. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Oh, AWESOME! We're going to have this AND Gameloft's Skate City. It's gonna be a total either/or for me. I'll have to wait and see the final products of the two games.

16. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #16 LBG, Sep 10, 2009
    Whenever I think of Mike Vallely, I now think of this.

[​IMG]

A fat middle aged loser on a segway.
    I am scarred for life.

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I think the controls look really good for a game like this. Kinda like Skate It on the DS but without having to use a stupid stylus. Could you elaborate on what the driving mode is all about? Driving around town on your skateboard or a car or what?? Anyway, Mike V is certainly a legend (and a BAMF), and I'm sure if he's heavily involved in this game he'll make sure it's not a piece of crap. As a skater for about 15 years, and having played every skate game imaginable, I'll be following this one for sure.

Also, being a Mike V game, there's just GOT to be bonelesses in this game. And possibly an amateur wrestling mode as well :D

P.S. Battle Born is a fricking amazing band, BTW.

18. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    as long as its realistic, Ill get it. Can't stand Tony Hawk crap after EA Skate

19. PsychicParrot

PsychicParrot Active Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Sweeeeeeeet

Mike V ROCKS!

20. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Finally a real skateboarding game made by a real skater... and one of the best too. I tried Vans but it just didn't work for me. This looks like it'll be the one to have it all instead of just a pool session. Definetly gonna be looking at this one.