This game needs to hit the iPad badly:- Nidhogg

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PolishHooligan, Jan 17, 2014.

1. PolishHooligan

Dec 22, 2013
    What do you guys think?

http://www.edge-online.com/review/nidhogg-review/

A game like this would be perfect on it i dont get why they haven't even ported it yet. But the price. Just look at that horrifying price (on steam) for a dated and pixalated looking game like this.

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I agree that it would most likely work great on an iPad, but saying that it's a "horrifying" price tag isn't fair, since it's a new game that has been in development for quite some time.

Also, the art style works in it's favor IMO.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh my yes I want it on iOS! The PC reviews have been super good

4. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Is £9.59 really a horrifying price tag for a brand new game? Do people really only equate value with graphics, not gameplay or content?

Anyway...yeah, I desperately would love this though may just take the plunge and get it on Steam anyway since I've heard some very good things about it!

5. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Might as well share my impressions:

Oh, and if anyone wants to kick my ass online, I'm More_Badass on Steam

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#6 Bronxsta, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    Ah, here we go again. I'm really getting frustrated with these kinds of comments on Steam and GAF. How are price and visuals correlated? The game offers fluid animations and sense of weight that other games lacks while combining this with a unique low-fi aesthetic and colorful surreal environments. As I said above, gameplay matters and the depth of the experience and the thrill and subtleties of the mechanics more than justifies the price. Not only that, the develop plans to add more content through updates