App description: PLEASE NOTE! Optimised for iPad 3/iPhone 4S and later

"Shattered Planet has landed in the sweet spot between learnability and surprise that keeps each trip new, fresh, and entertaining." 4.5 / 5 stars - Gamezebo

"Give Shattered Planet a shot if you like roguelikes, exploring, and cool sci-fi themes" - Touch Arcade

"Shattered Planet looks gorgeous." - Pocket Gamer

"Well worth your time." - Mash Those Buttons

"Beautifully imagined" - ShoddyPixels

An intense survival RPG set on beautiful alien worlds. Hours of gameplay await the most intrepid explorers!

Fight or catch aliens and collect crazy loot. Explore a dangerous galaxy and try to survive! It's a deadly world out there, and it's randomly different every time.

The Galactic Union's job for you is clear: research the alien wildlife -- for science! But a strange signal is beckoning past hordes of monsters. And every time you die, your items are gone for good!

On your journey you will travel through different islands and encounter dozens of monsters, from cute to fearsome, from little crab to giant dragon.

Features:
* A different world every time you play
* 100+ items, from swords to cookies to grenades
* Dozens of alien monsters to fight or befriend

Sanuku's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in Canada. Size of the app is 93.2 MB.

Price in CA is Free.

Requirements :

Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

An intense survival RPG set on beautiful alien worlds. Hours of gameplay await the most intrepid explorers!

Fight or catch aliens and collect crazy loot. Explore a dangerous galaxy and try to survive! It's a deadly world out there, and it's randomly different every time.

The Galactic Union's job for you is clear: research the alien wildlife -- for science! But a strange signal is beckoning past hordes of monsters. And every time you die, your items are gone for good!

On your journey you will travel through different islands and encounter dozens of monsters, from cute to fearsome, from little crab to giant dragon.

Features:
* A different world every time you play
* 100+ items, from swords to cookies to grenades
* Dozens of alien monsters to fight or befriend
* A variety of hand-painted worlds, from deserts to laboratories
iPhone Screenshots

07-12-2014, 07:29 AM
I can't put this game down.

I must have spent over 10 hours on it already which for me, is record breaking for an IOS title.

I love the visuals, the audio, and the brutally soul destroying difficulty. The only IAP I've used still, is the crystal tripler. Now that my guy's persistent stats are higher, it's easy to get enough crystals to get the gold crafting options every time and I have a full inventory of stuff.

The game has a lot of subtle humour, like pop-culture references and I think the guys who made it must be my age, or around my age.

I wish this game wasn't IAP free to play though, because I think the PC version (from the looks of the let's plays I've watched) is the best one. I know it's priced at $15, but I would gladly drop $15 on IOS for a full version of this game, but seeing as I don't game much on my PC, that version doesn't interest me.

EIther way I recommend any roguelike fans check it out and stick with it at first, you won't be able to go far but once your upgrades kick in, it'll be night and day. I still get completely destroyed around level 10 in exploration mode, though! My record is 12 lol..

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Warhammer: Quest | Endless Depths
Now Playing: Siralim (MY GOTY 2014) | Shattered Planet

Last edited by Jorlen; 07-12-2014 at 07:38 AM.
09-26-2014, 03:23 AM
Yeah, I've just started playing this and already sunk a few hours in- lovely presentation, style, gameplay is really enjoyable, the IAP isn't forced (like you I paid for the crystal tripler, but that was mainly as I wanted to pay something to the developers for the game)- it's a must play for fans of sci-fi or roguelikes.