"One-Tap" RPG Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Raphie123, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Hi guys ^^

Since a little time now, I'm really in need of getting my hand on a good RPG game, but not any RPG, a "One-Tap" RPG... I'll explain : I want a game that really looks like Dungeon & Such, which means that you must explore dungeons or cities or etc. by pressing on buttons that brings you somewhere, and in which the fighting are turn by turn. I tried Dungeon & Such (LITE version) and I really like it, but for 2,99$, I don't think it is really worth it. Cozy Quest looks really amazing, but it's a MMO, so I'd want to play it anywhere/anytime... Finally, I tried Wizardry, but really hated the controls in the dungeon and the graphics in general are so-so... So please help me guys ^^''

Thank you in advance :)

P.S. If you think of any other RPG that use only one touch or one finger, feel free to let me know :)

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I would try Undercroft. Even though it's nowhere near as deep as Wizardry, it's well made and completely free.

There are also several rogue-likes that may fit te bil, including Sword of Fargoal and 100 Rogues.

BTW, if you can get past the awkward controls and the somewhat murky graphics, Wizardry is really an amazing game.

3. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Ok thanks, maybe I'll re-try Wizardry and try to get past those controls, but isn't Wizardry limited in the progression since I'll have to pay to get the "full version"? And how much is it?

As for the (Great) suggestions you gave me, I already tried Sword of Fargoal and 100 Rogues, which are both really amazing, but I'm stuck with Legend of Yore right now haha :)

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Wizardry is not cheap. And you are right -- progression is limited on the free version. Personally I think it's worth the premium price (I've easily a dozen hours into it already), but that's up to you (obviously).

I do like Legends of Yore quite a bit. You may also want to check out Mystery Castle.

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    A Weird RPG
    The Dungeon
    Ash