People Bucket

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by doodlejumper, Sep 18, 2010.

1. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    #1 doodlejumper, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010

Popular flash game being ported soon to the iPhone. News came first straight from the touchArcade homepage.

[hqyoutube]NSeCFs8Cvlo[/hqyoutube]

2. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    This looks fun!

3. sevenflow

sevenflow Member

Sep 15, 2010
    #3 sevenflow, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
    Oh hey, thanks for the post! I'm the developer behind People Bucket. I was planning on doing one of these in the near future but hadn't got around to it yet, so much appreciation. :)

The game will be entering testing in the next few weeks, with a likely November release date following that. If you'd like to help test, feel free to send me a PM with a few details about your device — there's still a fair amount of slots I'd like to fill.

Other than that, I'm glad you guys liked the trailer! I'll be releasing some more videos or screens this weekend, so I'll follow up in this thread when that happens. Until then, if you're super interested you can follow the Twitter account I set up for the game at @peoplebucket.

Once again, thanks so much for posting. I'll catch up with everyone soon.

P.S. The video link looks malformed for me. Not sure if you could possibly fix it in the OP? Might be my browser, though. Here's the original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSeCFs8Cvlo

4. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    This looks pretty interesting. May take a look at it when it comes out. Do you plan to support it in future updates?

5. sevenflow

sevenflow Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep, 70-ish levels across 7 episodes to start. Subsequent updates will include around 10-15 levels a piece. Creating the levels is really quite fun, which will be reflected by very generous updates.

I'll also be watching people's reactions to the game and periodically including other gameplay modes to keep things interesting.

6. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Wow that sounds fantastic! I always love games that update their game. It's what keeps it on my front page. :)

Also do plan to support Game Center or something like it (Openfeint, ect.)?

7. sevenflow

sevenflow Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Totally. I'm still gauging the available options to see which one will be the best fit for People Bucket, but you'll definitely see a leaderboard and achievement capacity in the game.

8. sevenflow

sevenflow Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Hey guys, sorry about the delay! Great things have happened in the past couple of days of People bucket development. The game is coming along swell and is definitely on track for release this November. I think you're all going to really enjoy this game.

Here's a tasty new video showing off one of the primary game mechanics. Hope you all enjoy!

P.S. The game actually runs 60FPS, so don't fret about the framerate in the video. It's just a bottleneck from the recording software. :)

9. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

thanks for the new vid. love the look and really excited about this game :)

10. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Great stuff. The original game isn't bad but it was way to short. Can't wait for this. :)

11. sevenflow

sevenflow Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm excited to get this in front of people very soon. There will probably be another video or two before that, too. :)

QBC - Totally agree about the length of the original. I think you'll find this version is better than the original version in almost every single way.

12. sevenflow

sevenflow Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Hey guys, just wanted to announce that People Bucket will be released on the App Store for FREE!

If you do enjoy the game, you'll have the option of paying 99 cents (the original price) to remove ads. In addition to that, every purchase you make inside the game is bundled with something very neat and a quite special. More details on that in a trailer soon.

Development-wise, things are getting quite close. Will keep you all posted.

Best regards!

P.S. Even though the game is free, it will still see generous, continued support with additional episodes and levels. :)