Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Nice update,keep it up guys :D

One thing I missed, ultra hats can only be bought now? If so what do you get when gnomey ascends?

2. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Nope. I think the belts will be the last big power increase for awhile. We'll probably do more powers and supermoves next, though.

There's also a new SHARE button on the retry screen. So if you like the game, check that out.

Should transfer between devices. Do you mean transferring between iTunes accounts? No idea if that's possible.

It's the fixed reward in the update, but it was supposed to be temporary as we figured out something else for Gnomey to award that wasn't just hats. A straight up Ultra Hat reward was just too good after we made them always have a skill. I forgot to adjust the coin reward back up before we submitted the update.

Fallen_Grace: He gives coins now, only, and the amount is kind of low right now. We're figuring out something else for him to award people.

3. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Should transfer between devices. Do you mean transferring between iTunes accounts? No idea if that's possible.

.[/QUOTE]

Transferring between devices same itunes link. I synced the device with the power skill, then synced new device to same icloud account, but the power hat no go. I deleted the game on the new device, reinstalled, then synced, and still didnt transfer. doh. :(

Thank you for any help!

4. ikaruga

ikaruga Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Good grief, that was quick. I submitted that, what, ten minutes ago ?

Thanks for the reply and for being so active on this site.

5. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Should have worked, but some people seem to have issues with it. There are no Ultra Hats at all on the new device, right? Does everything else transfer fine?

6. toshiX

toshiX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    hi guys i have a question. i'm just curious. so this app has an option to basically tip the devs with a buck right? i thought there was nothing wrong with that until i read in other threads (cant rem which, maybe minigore 2) where the dev said that apple doesnt allow devs to do that. so how is it punch quest is able to include that option?

again i dont see anything wrong with it. just curious :)

7. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Everything transfers fine except the ultra hats on the new device seem to be just random ultra hats, none with any skill. Thank u!

8. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Cheers Kepa :)

9. XcomboX

XcomboX Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Take care of dogs & kick ass at games!
    Forgive me Punch Quest world, I was on hiatus for about two weeks. Accidentally got addicted to PvZ. lol
    But I beat it and now I'm ready to fight my way back to the leaderboards!
    Completions looking real intense.

The updates sweet by the way.

10. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Amazing update! Thanks guys!

11. Nicklaus

Nicklaus Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Question

The dev seems pretty active in here. Got a question. In the update description on itunes you said Gnomey will give something else when you level up instead of coins. Are you developing another currency? Will this be a dual currency game? Right now, in my opinion the game is perfect and doesnt rely on IAP too much. However are you going to start to make it more IAP dependable in future updates? This has me worried i love this game and dont want to see it go to iap grabber.

12. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Probably because the tip option nets you a mystery item, so you do technically get something.

13. DrSpoffo

DrSpoffo Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Loved it at first, but so tired of this game's cash whoring now.

14. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    In Soviet Russia, game's cash whoring is tired of YOU.

15. #1795 RandomGui, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    I was really hoping this was a mistake because 10,000 punchos makes it seem like you're really pushing IAP purchases (which I really can't afford). I love the game but having to grind 150 games to get a single ultra-belt seems a bit ridiculous, so hopefully Gnomey's puncho reward is increased.

I also noticed that in one of Gnomey's dialogues he says "help me out and you will receive a hat!" Probably needs to be rectified

Awesome to see that I'm not the only one with that loadout (except with hungry man on the hat and dull pain equipped)! I've been addicted to power slam since I started and haven't even given any other Power II skill a thought but with the introduction of ultra-belts I suppose I will need to settle on another skill.

So what is everyone's favourite "Power II" skill?

EDIT: Just read over this and I sound extremely rude. I just want to point out that I totally respect and understand that it is your game, and you can put emphasis on IAP if you want. There are people who buy IAP and that's how they play. I am a fan of earning the rewards myself, and I can't afford IAP, so I was just pointing out that 50,000 punchos seemed extremely balanced and fair! I'm going to continue playing and supporting the developers as long as they keep putting out excellent content, so keep at it guys :D

16. McLane1997

McLane1997 Member

Dec 20, 2012
    :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d

17. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    RandomGui, yeah we sort of had plans for a better gnomey reward but it got sidelined/forgotten as we got near the final drop dead date for submission. Was going to do more with idols, specifically. We'll get it next time.

18. Mrs.Madgarden

Mrs.Madgarden Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    SAHM and admin. work for Madgarden
    Kitchener, Ontario
    content adding whore.

19. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    We were going to make it dual currency way back, but decided not to. We were going to make Gnomey award idols (and less coins) while also giving idols more of a purpose. But we ran out of time.

Might go with idol rewards still, or may just bump up how many coins Gnomey gives if making it lower is going to be a big problem. The latter would be easier on us. Or maybe some sort of compromise where he gives 30k coins, but the planned idol rewards are weaker.

20. ikaruga

ikaruga Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I agree with the idea that 50,000 is a pretty balanced reward. It's enough to seem worth the grind to acquire but still a ways off from the price of the expensive stuff in the store.

I still use Discocut more than anything even though the update before last brought with it some hitbox changes that make consistently connecting with it much more difficult.

I used nothing but Power Slam when I started playing because I thought it was a lot of fun. It's still pretty effective and is my second most used.

While we're talking Power II Skills: Does anyone actually use Air Wolf ?