Universal LostWinds - (by Frontier Developments)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Yes, like that I mean, oddly enough it doesn't show the Gamecenter banner in the appstore.

[​IMG]

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    It says it in the description. "Includes Game Centre integration and Acvievements"

@Frontierdev You should prolly add the GC logo to help increase sales!

3. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    I always assumed Apple added the gamecenter logo if the game included gamecenter. I just figured it was a mistake in the description.

4. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    IDK. This and Jazz are the only two games I can think of this happening to. I assume that the dev will have to at least notify Apple that the logo hasn't been added.

5. frontierdev

frontierdev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Fishy ... We'll look look into this - thanks for highlighting it :D

6. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Where's My Water doesn't have it anymore either (last time I checked). I thought they removed it for whatever odd reason they would have at doing that but seems like some kind of glitch is happening all over.

7. frontierdev

Dec 20, 2011
    Having looked into it what we THINK has happened is that basically we didn't RTFM, and we set the update live without clicking the 'enable GameCenter for this version' button on itunes connect.

HOWEVER as far as we can tell (from existing installs and a fresh one today to check) GameCenter IS actually working in the game, this 'enable for this version' button we didn't click seems to act like a flag that the App Store picks up and used to display GameCenter icon or not.

Unfortunately we won't be able to correct this until we upload a new update, but as far as we are aware in reality the updated game IS connecting fine with GameCenter and people are getting achievements; we're just missing the promotion benefits on the App Store.

Perhaps this also caught out 'Where's My Water' if they have updated recently?

8. frontierdev

Dec 20, 2011
    The blossom is coming out in Cambridge UK (the 'LostWinds tree' is right outside our builidng), and so is a new LostWinds update!

The new LostWinds update v1.0.2:
    • runs at full resolution on the new iPad (3rd generation) with fixes for a photo-mode crash
    • has further control improvements (to both multi-touch and D-Pad)
    • has performance optimizations that benefit all supported devices
    • has an improved Photo-mode interface

Should be out in the next few days, subject to Apple's review.

As an Easter present, Frontier is dropping the price of LostWinds on the App Store to $0.99, CN¥6, £0.69, €0.79 starting 00:00am on Friday 6th April 2012 and ending 00:00am on Friday 13th April.

A great gift idea - or if you've been holding off, take the plunge now :)

Attached Files:

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wow! Wish I could see this on a new iPad screen... The game is already beautiful. =oD

Maybe I can finally push some friends over the edge and make em get finally snag this while it's on sale.

Thanks for the update!

10. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Counting the seconds to buy it :). I have only held off from buying because I have sooooo many good games yet to play that I have already bought. Can't resist that price though. Darn you guys! ;). Can we have an elite 2 port to iOS now too :). I would pay $20 for that just for nostalgia reasons... oh and it is a ton of endless fun to play too!

11. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Awesome! Can't wait for the sale to buy it now :)

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Sweet, will be picking it up. One of the few games I want and don't have.

13. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    This game that good?

14. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Control issues fixed... super sale... wow... finally it's time to smash the buy button on this one. Been waiting for this!
    (Probably will play it extensively once I get my iPad "3" this summer on higher then full HD resolution!)

Absolutely!

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's a unique platformer like Swordigo. Enjoying it lots so far. Visually, it's very impressive as well. Wish the controls were better still. The D-pad isn't amazing. Definitely not just another speed-runner though.

16. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    JUST PUrchased for a buck, tyty

17. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Awesome. Saw the sale, dropped by to see what the retina status was, and now I'm buying.

But now I'm curious: any plans for bringing Lost Winds 2 over? I never did get around to that one on the Wii.

18. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I sure hope so. If you have a Wii, I highly recommend it. It trumps the first, which I found surprising. The story is even more bittersweet, the game has the addition of a map (which was always a bit of an issue with the first), and the new wind powers are delightful.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I grabbed this while on sale. Awesome! Hopefully I'll have some time tonight try it out.

20. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Just picked this up on sale. Amazing looking game that I will never get to play much of due to a really terrible implementation of the dpad control scheme.

Why the locked position dpad? Its soooo close to the edge that I'd say about 30% of my movements register as wind swipes instead. If half the screen responded as a dpad and half the screen responded to the wind swipes this thing would be killer.

As it stands I'll try some more later tonight but probably will end up uninstalling. Bummer.