Pollen Count by Infinite Degree / Chillingo

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by neoncandy, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 neoncandy, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone!

Our first game, Pollen Count, is coming to the App Store very soon! Pictures speak a thousand words, and a trailer hopefully says even more, so without further ado:

It's a line-drawing game that we've poured our heart and soul into making, and has an absolute ton of features (Whilst looking utterly glorious on all your devices!). We've also made a HD version, details of which can be found here.

It features a proper single player campaign with loads of levels, and not only do you have the usual "don't collide" mechanics, you also have to avoid spiders who steal your pollen, navigate with portals, avoid the Zombees (I know I know), and as the trailer shows, there's a couple of hidden treasures in there as well.

Sorry moderators, I hope no-one minds me cross-posting this between the iPhone and iPad forums, but I'll just link the Pollen Count HD thread to here whilst adding any addition information there.

Any feedback is very welcome, and we'll take any comments on board. I can't promise they'll make it for launch, and whilst we have some very cool ideas for our first update, we're open to any suggestions and improvements!

We're updating our Twitter and Facebook pages daily with more information and screenshots too:

http://www.twitter.com/pollencounthd
    http://www.facebook.com/pollencountgame

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. tokio21

tokio21 Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Very nice graphics :)

3. Hey tokio21, thanks for your message,

We've tried to put in lots of work on the visuals, we really wanted this to be the prettiest line-drawer... hell, the prettiest casual game on the App Store. As you can see in the trailer all the levels have 3D backdrops, lots of effects layered on top etc :)

Thanks for taking a look!

4. Alex Graal

Alex Graal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    N/A
    U.S.A.
    I'm surprised! This looks absolutly beautiful! And those secret modes! It looks great!

5. naythan

naythan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    i like flight control more tbh

6. Wait till you play it ;)

7. Hey Alex,

Thanks so much! Positive feedback really helps, it's a scary moment showing your project off to the world for the first time! We've tried to hit a mark where it will appeal to a casual player initially, but does scale up to provide a big challenge later on - some of the later levels will push any gamer. We've tried to offer a ton of value for money - more extras are coming in updates too. Thanks for checking it out!

8. MacKitteh

MacKitteh Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Games Artist
    UK
    This looks absolutely stunning!

Any chance of posting some screenshots here?

9. naythan

naythan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    winner
    i have a few :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jks jks haha game looks good guys ill be waiting for it!

10. Haha, very funny :)

Edited the original post with (real) screenshots, as per your kind requests! ;)

11. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    chillingo started to make boring games:mad:

12. Jimbo_00

Jimbo_00 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Hmm it looks like Flight Control. The concept here looks promising though. Maybe I'll check it out.

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Other than just a graphical reskin by based on bees, they have power-ups, zombies, spiders, and a lot of other unique twists not seen in Flight Control, so give the "just a clone" talk a rest, will ya? :rolleyes:

14. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

+1

I love the looks actually, if the sounds are cool also, this will be definitely a new experience. Lets give it a try! :p