★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

My launch experience wasn't good

10-07-2014, 11:57 AM
You're not the only one. My app did get a few hundred downloads for the first 2 weeks which isn't bad and made a few dollars with Chartboost but I didn't do much marketing because I went straight to developing my next app. I rushed because I wanted to make this one specifically for this month (a zombie game). The other problem was making a thread on here. I used the itunes embed code but it just kept on saying "app info processing." So that was a fail and I posted a video of the gameplay but no one really cared

If anyone is interested, here is the itunes link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chasing-john-doe/id910131603?ls=1&mt=8
10-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeWa_Studios View Post
You're not the only one. My app did get a few hundred downloads for the first 2 weeks which isn't bad and made a few dollars with Chartboost but I didn't do much marketing because I went straight to developing my next app. I rushed because I wanted to make this one specifically for this month (a zombie game). The other problem was making a thread on here. I used the itunes embed code but it just kept on saying "app info processing." So that was a fail and I posted a video of the gameplay but no one really cared

If anyone is interested, here is the itunes link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chasing-john-doe/id910131603?ls=1&mt=8
Hey, I'm a believer in honest feedback.

I think the screenshots look good, I just don't immediately understand why I should play it or what's fun about it. That said, the genre is not really my cup of tea. Regardless, based on looks its a fine job! Good luck with the Zombies, I'm also looking forward to Walking Dead Season 5.
10-07-2014, 05:28 PM
By the way, I'm making it a point to leave app store reviews on everyone's games I check out from this thread .
10-07-2014, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_pxlplz View Post
By the way, I'm making it a point to leave app store reviews on everyone's games I check out from this thread .
Cheers I'm guessing you left one for me, thanks heaps, every little bit helps.

Powervision Games Presents, "The Lost Diamonds":- IOS Android
Follow me on twitter @PVisGames