Chaos Rings II

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 20, 2011.

1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    For some people, it is. A regular 360 game has way more content than Chaos Rings II does probably. $50 may not seem like a lot in the real world, but in the iOS gaming world, it is.

I'm not saying that this game isn't worth the money. (Btw, does anyone know what the price is gonna be for Chaos Rings 2?) I'm just saying that this is the making a game priced at over $15 is a risk in the AppStore. I know for a fact that almost none of my friends that own iDevices never buy games that cost money, only the ones that are free. So, pricing this game at more than $15 could be a risky move. I haven't bought that many Square Enix games because IMO, they're expensive. This is because I don't have a job and am a 14 year old teenager. Plus, Mission Europa has hours of content and is $10. I wouldn't mind at all paying $10-13 for Chaos Rings II. But, over $15 (for me) is pushing it a little.

2. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    :(
    that was actually one of the main reason's I got Chaos Rings. The small file size really let me take my time playing through it without missing any other big games. If this is a GB though, it may have to go the route of MC3 and other games. Delete after 1 playthrough. I hate size limitations.....

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I'm trying to figure out what to delete right now! I'll probably remove the original chaos rings (which is probably half the size of the new one) and something else. I can't delete mass effect yet either!

I plan on keeping the new one on my ipod esp since it looks like the successor to the original. It's always the space, not the money, that stops us lol

4. Thanks for the summaries! I'm definitely buying this day 1. Hopefully SE continues to give us post-launch updates like for Omega.

5. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    I don't mind the large file size, I just wish they'd include dialogue in English. I don't want a game that's unnecessarily large because of dialogue that I'm just going to turn off because I don't understand it.

6. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Anyone know if it's just an iPod version like the last 2? Or is there a chance the iPad version/universal version is due the same time?

7. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Times like this I'm so glad I have the 32 gig iPad instead of the 16

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Well i have 32 ipod touch and it's definitely not enough for my music + video + gaming :(

btw, i think the series lacks multiple save slots. one issue i had is that i can't go through the amazing story again without overwriting all my past work. it's pretty annoying. i'm a guy who enjoys a good story and if i get bored, will play through it again.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just realized Chaos Rings Omega isn't even synced. Need to beat it before getting Chaos Rings II..which comes out tomorrow. Not sure why I haven't started an iOS game I bought in the summer for over $10. Syncing!

10. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I understand what you're saying and it does makes sense.

I would NEVER pay $50+ for virtual content (specifically iOS/mobile), especially if it can't give me the same experience as The Elder Scrolls, Fable, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Diablo, etc.

---

At this point, my concern is space and not the price. Getting an 8GB iPod 4g thinking the 5g would be released was a huge mistake. I miss my 32 gig iPhone and refuse to buy another 4g.

Why did this release week have to be so dang big!?

11. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    A pleasant surprise to wake up to ...finding out that tonight will host way to the best rpg series on ios...does anyone disagree?

12. speedy 1007

speedy 1007 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2011
    ITS 23 bucks in the NZ store eliminated any hope of me buying it

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    out?? ommg ommg ommg. it looks AMAZING. even just with the new screenshots.

i'm going to bet that this COULD be the best rpg on the ios to date. they've had a long time to refine it and after 2 games, they should be figuring out what people like best and what can be improved on. but damn, i'm playing this tonight and no one is stopping me!

btw, i'm really glad square is keeping their low ios requirements. lately i've been scared of people making the ios requirements really high :( i get to keep my jb and some people with older ipods can get the game as well. i think it's a very good thing!

14. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #75 GoofyJmaster., Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    I disagree because I don't consider FF games RPGs. They fall into the loosely titled ARPG genre. The best RPG on iOS is King of Dragon Pass, and I highly doubt that will be changing anytime soon.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to see what Chaos Rings 2 brings to the table. I hope combat gets a boost.

*Chaos Rings II will/may be the best JRPG series on iOS.*

Edit

Judging by the game features and future updates, this will be pretty awesome! I'm a bit more excited now. However, the game is massive, so I won't be playing for a little while. I refuse to delete anything without beating it. So, I'm going to try and beat as many games as possible over the next few days.