Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-18-2014, 12:16 AM
Skiproach Studio Skiproach Studio is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 64
Default

Wow you guys are fast in here we wake up and this threat startet. Nice comments already, thank you.

@Andy C83, you are not human but a gaming machine crushing the highscore rank everytime. Maybe we should consider a Andy C83 mode which is Uber Extreme - it's cool to see
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-18-2014, 01:10 AM
Andy C83 Andy C83 is online now
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Over The Rainbow
Posts: 2,559
Default

Hey guys.

I didn't think it would be easy for you to make a game that I liked more than WingDot, but you know what? I think you did it.

WingDot was great but it did have some flaws, like the multiplier. While it was a good incentive to complete missions and raise your multiplier and get higher scores, competing with friends was a bit uneven because different players would be on different score multipliers. But here everyone is on a level playing field which I think is much better.

Both in WingDot and Square Dash you guys are coming up with neat ideas that bring something new to a genre that is sometimes struggling to stay fresh, so I applaud you for your creativity.

Bug report: Ever since I achieved the 'Gem miner' achievement the Game Center notification for that achievement is coming up every time after every game.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-18-2014, 01:47 AM
Skiproach Studio Skiproach Studio is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 64
Default

@NOEN

This make us smile We spent a whole year making Drift Club Racer2 during our spare time. We had a decent success with the first one, and wanted to follow up with a sequel. Unfortunately it never been a succes both in revenue and downloads even though it's free. So, a big hug from us to the drifters out there


@cloudpuff

Thanks for the clear description of the game, very nice.


@Andy C83

Thanks man, sometimes less is more. exactly what we had in mind with this game.

We also see the achievemnts bug, will dig into it. Thanks. I think if you launch the game again it's stops.. Thats the quick fix atm.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-18-2014, 01:48 AM
hakamhakam hakamhakam is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiproach Studio View Post
Wow you guys are fast in here we wake up and this threat startet. Nice comments already, thank you.

@Andy C83, you are not human but a gaming machine crushing the highscore rank everytime. Maybe we should consider a Andy C83 mode which is Uber Extreme - it's cool to see
lol Andy mode need to be in every fast-paced reation ios games, his legacy must be heard.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Rennerd Rennerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 73
Default

I think the ads are making it very laggy for me. 😞
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Skiproach Studio Skiproach Studio is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennerd View Post
I think the ads are making it very laggy for me. 😞
We have not experienced lag during test on our test-devices (iPad 2, iPad 3, iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S), what iDevice do you use?

We have submitted an update where the Game Center bug is fixed.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-21-2014, 07:23 PM
paulkane paulkane is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 356
Default

If you get a chance, nominate Square Dash for TA Forum's game of the week! I love Square Dash!! I dig the added complexity to this (flappy inspired?) runner. I'd love to see a variation where the gameplay isn't random, since it would make the runs longer and more fun. An even easier level, if you will. Also, The flaring on the square is a cool effect, but sometimes the flare can eclipse the square completely and cause premature deaths. Not sure if the flare size is on purpose to add more difficulty or not? The ads are crazy wonky, rotating between portrait and landscape making it hard to avoid hitting them, and occasionally your only option is to hit the ad or close out of the app. Still, I'm having a lot of fun with this. Thanks Cloudpuff for recommending it!

Last edited by paulkane; 06-21-2014 at 11:50 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-23-2014, 07:52 AM
Skiproach Studio Skiproach Studio is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 64
Default

@paulkane

Cool you like it, always good to hear.

Actually, at the beginning we started out trying to make levels, such game should have a 100 levels, and it would be too much work for us, unfortunately.. And now, counting the download numbers, i'm happy we did'nt make levels. It's always a matter of which way to go - we where happy with the way we did the random stuff in WingDot, and kept that.

The square flare is just an effect, but some times it become an element in the game becasue it all turns white - let's just call it a difficulty aspect of the game.

About the ads. It's very weird, we've seen some videos on youtube people playing and see others also have some issues. We can't reproduce it.. So it's a difficult one, sorry - if we find out, we will fix it.

Other than that, thank you for you who support us in the TA forum game of the week - Thats nice of you.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-23-2014, 09:20 AM
paulkane paulkane is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiproach Studio View Post
@paulkane

Cool you like it, always good to hear.

Actually, at the beginning we started out trying to make levels, such game should have a 100 levels, and it would be too much work for us, unfortunately.. And now, counting the download numbers, i'm happy we did'nt make levels. It's always a matter of which way to go - we where happy with the way we did the random stuff in WingDot, and kept that.

The square flare is just an effect, but some times it become an element in the game becasue it all turns white - let's just call it a difficulty aspect of the game.

About the ads. It's very weird, we've seen some videos on youtube people playing and see others also have some issues. We can't reproduce it.. So it's a difficult one, sorry - if we find out, we will fix it.

Other than that, thank you for you who support us in the TA forum game of the week - Thats nice of you.
Thanks for the detailed response. Sorry to hear about the low number of downloads. I hope Square Dash makes it into the gotw poll!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent