Mass Effect 3!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by arta, Mar 6, 2012.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

IT IS HERE.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Been downloading the digital version from PSN since 3am and it isn't even 25% finished. Plus the From Ashes DLC hasn't popped up yet. Still waiting.

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Waiting impatiently!!!

5. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Gonna go pick up my copy now. So frigging stoked. :D

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Girlfriend was able to pick a copy of ME3 for me! Turns out they had plenty of copies in stock at GameStop. Can't wait to play it Friday night once I'm back home for break.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    So far so good. I didn't like the beginning of the game as much as ME2, but I'm liking it so far.

[​IMG]

8. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Does the game start out the same way the demo did?

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
  10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yes, the demo is the beginning of the game.

11. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Need some feedback.

Played Mass Effect years and years ago, barely remember the storyline.
    Hated... HATED the rover mini-missions... enough that I skipped out on playing M.E. a second time right before M.E.2 came out.

Then I played ME2 for about 5-6 hours only, when it initially got released.
    Again, I barely remember the storyline at all.

Now that ME3 is out, i'm twitching to get back into it. Best way? Should I re-install ME2 and go through the 40+ hours the game has to offer, or jump through the storyline via YouTube vids + Wikia explanations before playing M.E.3?

My impatient side is making me lean towards the latter while my more calm, collective and decision-oriented side is telling me to play through M.E.2 at least.

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Well of course the best way would be to play through ME2 first(or ME1 for that matter).

If you're impatient though, guess you can just watch some youtube vids. I can't imagine not having played through the first two games before ME3, but ME3 will be a good game either way.

It's just so much better when you carry your saves over from game to game, in my opinion.

13. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Ditto to S.I.D. Of course, I'm one of those guys who's sentimental for a good narrative-driven RPG, so if that's not your cup of tea, then I can't say that I'd be a good authority in your case.

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Put in three hours into ME3 after starting it earlier today. Never played the first two games, but that's definitely on my to-do list now. I'm a huge fan of RPGs and their stories, but ME3 plays amazingly even though I don't know what happened in the previous games. It's a great game either way.

15. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Just curious: what made you pick up 3 but not 1 or 2?

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Only got the 360 this past Christmas as a gift from my gf. Only been playing games from Q3 of 2011 and newer since I want to see where console gaming is nowadays. Haven't owned a console since the PS2 besides the family Wii. So yeah, every single one of my 10 games so far are sequels besides RAGE. Lots to go back to in the future.

17. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Ok, that makes sense. I've had a 360 since release but hardly get any time at all to play it lately. Dark Souls (best console RPG I've played since... Hmm... Probably ever actually) and Skyrim are two I'd recommend if you don't have them already. As for Mass Effect, I never got into the first one myself, and haven't cared since. (Sci Fi and turn based combat are both issues for me though.)

18. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    mass effect has no turn based combat.. o_O

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yep, Skyrim is still my favorite 360 game. Was the first thing I played on my system. Have 55 hours in it now, and I'm just about done with all the side-quests. Dark Souls..there are always so many complaints about the difficulty level. I do want to check it out though since RPGs are by far my favorite genre. Will get it when I get a chance along with Kingdoms of Amalur. Those are pretty much the only two games left on my wish-list from the recent releases atm besides UMvC3 since I want a fighter for the 360.

20. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Look, Dark Souls is like nothing I've played before with the exception of Demon's Souls, its prequel. Skyrim is great but at the end of the day it's another RPG. Dark Souls is just something else entirely. And the difficulty is not that bad at all: you just can't play it like a hack and slasher. Skill matters. Timing matters. Every button has a purpose and you have to learn it and practise it, and be patient. Once you do, the connect you feel with your character is like nothing else.

Skyrim is amazing for the world it creates and its sense of absorption. Dark Souls works on an acutely more intimate level.