What about dem old games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Uberblake, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Uberblake

Uberblake Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    #1 Uberblake, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
    I havent been on the AppStore in like a month (except for touchgrind) and am really wondering if anyone still makes unique fun games... I really liked the indie 2009 games, and really haven't seen any as original as those even after a couple years. I'm just curious: are there any really original games that actually suck up hours of your life, with a little random humor, and isn't trying to be a lame #1 game on the charts? Games like:
    Enviro-bear, eliss, zen bound, so long Oregon, doom, Phoenix wright, rolando, beat it!, kometen, edge, jet car stunts, labyrinth 2, magnetic shaving derby, touchgrind SWORD AND SWORCERY...
    All of the games that I see now (in my opinion) are shallow and are only Competetive for the #1 spot, and aren't very in depth. Can someone either explain why or tell me some games that are actually like the list above.
    Also, newer games are trying to either give you a long grinding game or a short, record breaking experience that leaves you wanting more, though they arent making more. Mainly I see games that are pick up and play, with only highscore based gameplay or a lot of short easy levels ( for example the most obvious doodle jump and angry birds)

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Sword and Sorcery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Uberblake

Uberblake Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Added to the "awesome enough to be mentioned on the awesome list" list...was thinking about older games, but when ibwas writing the list that game was just playing in my head...why would I forget that?!