Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-24-2014, 12:10 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

First Developer Dairy up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM4bq...ature=youtu.be

Considering they have already announced Dreadnaughts and Stormboyz to be added, the opening showing a Terminator suggests there are likely other units for the existing factions still to come.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:03 PM

Release date is April 3rd
Old 04-01-2014, 10:16 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Yup, looking forward to getting an IOS version. The Steam beta has been fun, but I can't see playing on my PC again once I have the game mobile.

Having played the beta significantly, my advice for new players would be as follows:

For the Dark Angles, get the skill For the Lion! as soon as possible. This is a once per game skill, but it's invaluable, especially in multiplayer.

As Orks, get a Mekshop and then the Trukk. There are other really powerful Ork units and upgrades, but for 2 skill points total, the Trukk offers the most bang for your buck early on.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:55 PM

Definitely want this, want to hear more about the game from people that have played too
Old 04-02-2014, 09:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I can offer my experience with the base game up until the Dreadnaught and Stormboyz add-ons. The Imperial Guard never made it to the open beta, nor did Terminators.

Singleplayer: There are two campaigns, one for Dark Angels and one for Orks. Each campaign takes place over 29 days, and each day has 1 to 3 missions, for a total of about 50 or so missions per campaign. These missions range from straight-up battles where both sides build like normal and duke it out, to Skirmish missions that are basically puzzles where rather than build you are given X units and/or other abilities and have to figure out how to beat X enemy units, as well as progressively harder missions that are a hybrid of the first two, build and battle missions that give the player certain handicaps or the AI certain advantages, or both. There are two difficulties, normal starts off fairly easy and gradually get harder, the AI builds about at the same rate as a human player might. Hardcore has an AI that builds and uses units/abilities pretty much instantaneously, not wasting a moment on decision making.

Multiplayer: Multiplayer isn’t much different than singleplayer. In both modes you have to level up to gain skill points, which in turn unlock new buildings, vehicles, units, upgrades, etc. Multiplayer has an additional useable unit for each faction in the special characters. There is a win/loss tracker and if you search for a multiplayer game and can’t find one, you have the option of playing against the AI for experience points.

Factions:
The Dark Angels have much stronger starting units than the Orks, but tend to reach their apex in strength sooner. You have Comms that generate the basic resource, Redemption. Drop Pods create Tactical Marines, which can be upgraded with additional weapons and abilities, and can attack on their lane and adjacent lanes. Rhinos can shoot down the lane they are in and generate Devastators, who attack on their lane and 2 lanes over. Stormravens have the best attack for the Dark Angels stationary vehicles, and generate Assault Marines who dominate melee combat and can be upgraded to be able to jump lanes. In addition, you can switch any of the troop generating building from generating troops, to generating Resolve, the secondary resource. With Resolve, you can build units like Ravenwing Bikes, Captain Belial, and the Dreadnaught, as well as use other abilities like Stasis Grenade that slows time in a section of the field. Redemption units generate “cards” that you can play in the lane of your choice right away or save for later and send out in a big push with other units, Resolve units have to be played right away and are either one time use per battle or have individual timers to reset.

The Orks are a lot weaker initially than the Dark Angels, but build up over time. A single building generates troops, making Gretchin, Bomb Squigs, Orks, and Ghazghkull Thraka. Another building, Weirdboy Tower, generates their secondary resource and also casts their psychic powers, the more of these towers the stronger the abilities. A third, the Mekshop creates upgrades and Trukks. Unlike Dark Angels, Orks have to manually combine their unit cards with their upgrade cards. The upgrades specialize Orks into melee, range, or defense, and multiple upgrades can be attached. If all four upgrades are put onto an Ork, he spawns as a Nobb, a bigger, much more powerful Ork unit. Rocket Packs are a 5th upgrade that can be thrown on to allow an Ork or Nobb to be spawned anywhere on the map, even the opponents side, however, it comes with a risk of the Ork crashing and blowing up, or simply blowing up.

Overall the game is pretty fast paced and can get pretty hectic. There are numerous builds to play around with for each faction, and I managed to sink 30+ hours into the beta trying different strategies.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:23 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

How can I post youtube video here...HAHA..I got it!!1

Gameplay video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Chaos_u; 04-02-2014 at 03:26 PM..