Which FPS should I buy ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by l1andrew, Sep 15, 2009.

?

FPS ?

1. Buy Modern Combat [Gameloft]

15.2%
  2. Wait for Nova [Gameloft]

15.2%
  3. Get both - they will be different enough

48.5%
  4. Wait for Eliminate/KillTest/LiveFire [ngmoco]

21.2%
  1. l1andrew

l1andrew Active Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Don't want to waste my money.

2. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Cube. It's fantastic.

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    MC is good enough and has pretty good reviews everywhere. Get that first as no one knows when will eliminate or nova will be released. It could be tomm or it could be two months.

(Btw, last time I gave a similar advice to someone in the forums to not wait for sandstorm as it could take anywhere from 2 days to 2 months resulted in Sandstorm releasing the very next day :eek:. Let's see if the same holds true for NOVA or Eliminate:D)

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    lol, I take it you are being sarcastic?

Get both gameloft FPS's.
    I don't think ngmoco;( can beat Gameloft with their 'Eliminate'.
    And Modern Combat will have online multiplayer soon.

5. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

It depends what you want and how soon you want it. They are all quite different types of fps - Eliminate seems more like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament, Nova is more akin to Halo and MC:S is obviously more like COD. What type of fps do you want and enjoy?

Eliminate is pretty much online muliplayer deathmatches only, no single player. If thats all you want from your iPhone FPS, then thats likely to be the 1st decent attempt at it. From their tweats and website, its believed to be October launch.

As for MC:S, its already out and is a decent attempt at COD on iPhone, albeit with little relay value due to repetitive AI and no multiplayer. However Gameloft has stated that they will update with online multiplayer, but no details are available. So we don't when this might happen, if it'll be free or paid or even what modes etc will be there.

Nova is also somewhat unknown. Other than the short demo at the media event the other day and a few details in various previews there is little real info on it. Gameloft have sorta confirmed the online multiplayer, but again its not entirely clear when it'll be available - they just said latter this year - that could mean next week or December!

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    For a free game it's fun but once there are enemies on the screen... forget it...

Get Modern Combat now then get Nova or Eliminate when they come out. Really. Also I think Prey is worth it now that it's a buck. Still, MC:S is the best out there right now.