Clicker Pirates - Sail, loot and defeat the Kraken !! (by Grogshot Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Grogshot, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Grogshot, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    [:D:DAnyone who want to try the beta please just send me a message noting down the mail you've got associated to your iPhone/iPad itunes connect account!:D:D]
    ***********************************************************​

Hi guys we are Grogshot Games, a small indie developer team from Madrid and we want to introduce you our brand new game:

Clicker Pirates is an idle game set in the Golden Age of piracy, in a fantasy world where you will find all kinds of unique creatures, magical artifacts and awesome treasures.

For those who don't know what an idle game is, it's a game where we start by tapping on our enemies (each tap does damage) and earn doubloons when we defeat them. With these doubloons we can increase the damage we do in every tap and even hire new crew members who do a constant damage over time and become a great help.

The difficulty is increased exponentially and at one point the progress is extremely slow, so there is a mechanic of restarting the game in exchange for a series of (permanent) objects that will help us to make further progress with its substantial increase of the overall DPS.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Some of our references are Diablo (artifacts generation system) and Monkey Island (for more cartoon and humoristic atmosphere).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Next week we're going to soft-launch the game first in Ireland, Netherlands, Mexico and Spain on Android and a few weeks later for iOS.

We will update with more info about the game soon. Hope you like it, all feedback is welcome!:D:D

[​IMG]

PS: You can follow us on:
    -Twitter @ClickerPirates
    -FB: /ClickerPirates (for the moment we only posted in spanish but future posts will be in english)

[​IMG]

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I don't want this game i. I NEED THIS GAME.

It has everything I've wanted in a clicker.
    The artwork and screenshots looks so good. So man potential here.

I hope you allow a beta test for this and can leave constructive feedback . I want in.
    My favorite genre.

Great job .

3. Ty-Ty2020

Ty-Ty2020 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Wow this looks great. Can't wait for this. And I second jay on that I would really love to beta test this if there is an option to do so.

4. hfc1875

hfc1875 Member

Apr 11, 2013
    As a clicker addict, I must say I'm really looking forward to this.

5. Churchill92

Churchill92 Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    A. Why is this not in my life?
    B. When is the beta?
    bb. Where can I DL this?

6. #6 Grogshot, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Thank you guys! we're glad you like it!

Sure, we will give beta tester access soon for everybody that is interested :D

Currently, we are working on a improved version of the sea (main post gifs are a bit old)

[​IMG]

7. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Can't wait to try it out. Fingers crossed on sooner rather than later

8. collasta

collasta Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Subbed to the thread love the art style and excited to see it when the beta is ready.

9. Dysh0n

Dysh0n Member

Apr 15, 2015

That screenshot looks really good i was thinking about better graphics but u guys r already improving greatt , id like to test beta if it gets launched goodluck with dev.

Looking forward to the softlaunch in the netherlands

10. Haha yeah, these days we're improving a lot of small details.

By the way, anyone who want to try the beta please send me a PM! it will start soon :)

11. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Sent you a message captain

12. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    The sensitivity on the upgrade button for clicks is really bad. Even with the s-pen which is supposed to provide guaranteed precision, it still takes up to 5 taps for the level up button to register. It's the same issue with heroes. It's making it really hard to play the game.

13. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    #13 Ruzu, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    When I get to 40, after I close the app and open it back up again, I somehow get infinite damage. Doing another restart does not fix the problem. I have been able to reproduce it twice on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

14. Even tho we've set an specific icon for the beta, we've been making more icons in order to see which one we like and suits the game. We'll be doing A/B testing with these candidates:

[​IMG]

Which one do you like best?:D

Ruzu, which buttons do you mean? We've had no problem at all with any button and no one has reported something similar as what you say :(. Would you mind trying on a different device, please? :confused:

15. RTAMGames

RTAMGames Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    As an addict, what are some good clicker games

16. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I like icon 4 the best. You have my vote.

It seems that button taps for leveling up heroes only registers when I press on the left side of the button. When I press on the right side, nothing responds.

When I am connected to the internet, it seems like there is a 75% chance I get the infinite damage glitch after level 40 first run and it stays there permanently. When I turn off internet access completely, I get no infinite damage glitch. Maybe there is some kind of server glitch? This joy-killing glitch was how I was able to reset in <1 hour. I reinstalled the device because that was cheating, but now I'm cautious to go online again.

I only have a Galaxy Note 5 so I wouldn't have any other devices to test on.

17. Hello Ruzu

We released another beta version yesterday. Update your version, please, and let us know if the infinite dps bug is still happenning.

Also, we found something which could be causing the button behaviour you told us about earlier. It seems it happens only on some Samsung devices :confused:.

We'll get it fixed on the next build.:)

18. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Artifact bug I found has been fixed. Artifact cost per purchase bug still remains. My only grip at the moment is huge battery drain, compared to my other 3 idle games.

19. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    iOS version release date yet?

20. Ruzu:

We believe we fixed the incremental cost of the artifacts. It should no longer reset to 2 after resetting your game.
    Thanks a lot about realising the dps difference when buying/leveling artifacts. We're currently working on it and should be fixed within a build or two, tops.

Jayg2015:

No date yet :(, first we want to have a bug free version