Dumb question but....

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by APP-MASTER-360, Jun 20, 2010.

1. APP-MASTER-360

APP-MASTER-360 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Just so you know I am not good with remembering these things. This is probably a dumb question. 3D graphics are made how?

2. touchDev192

touchDev192 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    If you're talking about 3D models, then there are various programs you can use to create them. Blender is one that is free, and the paid ones I know about are 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, and Maya.

If that's not what you mean, then I apologise! lol, I don't actually have any experience creating 3D games yet, that's something I want to work on later, or when I get an idea for a good 3D game, so I'm not sure how to get the 3D models from this software into the game engine yet! (although I have seen that there are open source things such as SIO2, which is a 3D game engine I believe, which I'm guessing is one way to do it?!)

Hope that's of some help to you! :D

3. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    The best way to understand this would be to get a free 3D software and just mess around with it. Try blender or if you want something really simple, Google Sketchup is pretty fun to use as well.

4. kgutteridge

kgutteridge Active Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Hi

They are made using a 3d modelling package such as Blender, Maya, 3dsmax

Blender is open source and highly recommended if you want to experiment