Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    For me I colored the bux planes one color. This way they stand up and work Their way to the top of the screen. The green really stands out nicely against orange and black planes.

I do name them as well. Though I stole the naming from Vic. :)

CYC1 through CYC 33. Six are in the hangar ;)

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I still have a smattering of different planes (mostly Sequoias, Cyclones, and Cloudliners) but some are P, some C, and I'm just getting into M's now.). I was anti-M for a long time but love the even split M planes as a bux runner. Just playing around until I figure out what I like best. I really want to add slots before I start buying more planes and having more airports open.

3. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    When I first started I was a P only plane player.

Then I received a sea knight off a world event and a funny thing happened. There was a gold mystery package that showed up one day. I must have missed that part when I started.

From then on I try and only fly M planes. Even when I bring my kangaroos in they are M planes.

4. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I use all Seq-M's as my Bux planes. Those are all colored the same color green and named just like Snowbird's (BUXLA, BUXTY, BUXSH, etc). Then I have more Seq-M's as runners. Those are named RUN and are bright pink. I just upgraded several of my Class 3 airports all the way. I want to see how that effects my bux collection...

5. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I honestly have no idea! It doesn't help that I am always buying a part here and there.
    Right now, New Years Day around 7pm, I have 7690 Bux ... Ask me again in a week. :D

I have Bux planes sitting in 9 airports: LA/Chicago/NY, London/Paris, Cairo/Istanbul, Seoul/Shanghai.

Yep, definitely the AeroEagle ... These planes have stuck with me (currently level 50+). I got rid of the Pearjets a LONG time ago.

I vaguely recall someone mentioning, a long time ago on this forum, a creative use for Pearjets making job runs to Honolulu. Can't remember what it was exactly ... Maybe it was a Pear P & Pear C picking up a full load of Honolulu layovers that were dropped off at LA by a Sequoia?

My Bux planes used to be pink, then I changed them to green.

I used to rename my planes. Some indicated type of plane, others were named after their base city. Some still have their generic PL name. LOL. Now I rename them if I get around to it. It isn't such a big deal cuz I usually only use 2 to 4 or 5 different planes, each type has their own purpose and I can identify them my sight. Hmmm, does that mean I've been playing this game too long? LOL

6. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Your name made me LOL, nice touch ;)

7. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Trying to Catch Up!

I do. My Mobage username is "baptized1128" - I don't play very much, since I really only use my phone for texting, and my iPod Touch for games, but maybe down the road I'll be available to trade.

I've been asking the SAME THING and NO ONE has ever told me how!!! :mad:

Before discovering this forum I was dedicated to TA (Touch Arcade). Now I'm in TA1 solely because of all the GC friends I've made here. But, if the 1st place prize is AWESOME, then I will go back to TA.

I have spare KK parts to send out if anybody needs 'em!

I can "sort you out" with a KK if you still need one.

newbies are "supposed" to join the TA crew first? Why? I totally didn't know that. By "supposed" do you just mean that that's the crew people join until they read the threads and discover TA1, then they'll join TA1 because most (if not all) people here are on TA1?

Yes, Snowbird, it was me. GREAT MEMORY!:D
    My Kangaroos are named as such:
    - passenger only = 4PPL (4 people)
    - cargo only = 4CAR (4 cargo)
    - mixed = 2P2C (2 people 2 cargo)

Blimp = BLIMP
    Bobcat = BCAT
    Cloudliner = CLOUD
    Hot Air Balloon = HAB
    Huey = HUEY
    Kringle Kruiser = KROOZ (Kruise)
    Mapple = MX10 (that's what's on the plane)
    Mohawks = EASTR (Easter, because they are only for Easter Island)
    Sea Knight = NIGHT
    Sequoia = QUOIA
    Starship = STAR

as for COLORS:
    - passenger planes = RED
    - cargo planes = BLUE
    - mixed planes = PURPLE (red + blue = purple)
    - bux planes = GREEN
    - mapples = all BLACK with the logo a random color; one is purple, the other is green

^ my planes aren't plain; each part is a different shade of that color

8. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Trying to post pic.

It worked. So frustrating with the app.

Attached Files:

9. Harmoniamundi

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    More customization.

Attached Files:

10. Harmoniamundi

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Has anyone made a site with upside-down pics? If not, post away and I will build it...I think they are cool.

Attached Files:

11. Dsolender

Dsolender Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    Can anyone send some extra concorde mystery parts if they have any? I was on a boat with no internet and missed the first 2 thirds of the paris event.

12. Dsolender

Dsolender Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    A Child Tax Credit
    New York
    Oh yeah, nimble sent me a starship for the daily givaway, i can only make money by flying it between ny and chicago, i fully upgraded the weight but it just makes no profit! Is it supposed to be for buxs or quick transport or somethin? I just don't get it!

13. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    This is sure frustrating. I'm building my bux strategy mainly following Vic Sark's posts, but incorporating many other people's ideas, and I'm just not seeing very many bux jobs. Right now I've got LA/NY, London/Paris, Istanbul, Shanghai, and about to buy Seoul. NY and London are both fully upgraded, LA is class two (as well as Paris I think), and the rest will be upgraded with time. I'm buying up Sequoias like crazy since they are definitely the most efficient.

It's difficult resisting the temptation to load up a full Sequoia with the 25% bonus to a nearby city, but I know that bux are worth more. Hopefully as I gain plane slots, I can afford to have both bux-dedicated and coin-dedicated planes.

Is there anything I'm forgetting?

Edit: Just fully upgraded LA.

14. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Brilliant, especially the mime plane!!
    For what it's worth I still can't post an attachment via the iPad app. I can only do it by taking a screen shot (hold the lock and home button at the same time) then emailing it to myself, saving it on my computer and attaching it with that little paperclip button in the options at the top of the message box.

15. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I just fully upgraded a few airports today and have really noticed a difference in the bux jobs available.

16. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    The prize for this event is only a Concorde part, so no mystery parts are available.

You only get mystery parts if the prize is a full plane.

17. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    Dudley I tried to send a GC request to you but GC says Dudley1uk is not valid. Send me a request and I can help you out.

Number1Ump

18. Harmoniamundi

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    It only started working for me again today. I think I may have discovered a method, although I'm not sure why it works. Add the attachment first, wait a few seconds after it says uploading success to hit attach and return to message...then add text to message body. Why would it not work if you add text first?...not sure, but its probably something else I haven't thought of. Also I always have to minimize the keyboard before I submit reply on any posts I make with the TA app, otherwise it won't post. Anybody else with that one? I have an iPad 3, btw.

19. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    There are definitely more jobs (both regular and bux) with an airport upgrade.

20. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Walk me thru how to post pics in your post. (I'm on this site on laptop, playing PP on iPod Touch)