Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-17-2013, 05:05 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Out worldwide!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:15 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbesian View Post
Yes. And why would you endorse this garbage ware by infesting your device with another graphical showcase that pretty much attempts to bilk you of money at every possible turn. By downloading this junk we, the consumer are essentially endorsing this kind of thing, when we should be asking for better. There's plenty of -games- available, y'know?

And before anyone points out the irony of real racing 3 being in my sig, a key point about real racing 3 is that racing with one car doesn't lock you out of all the others, and I know this will come as a shock, but there's actually a game present in there. Here you have a set of timers constantly egging you to spend money. It's hideous.
I definitely agree with that 100%!!
This devs games represent the absolute worst in terms of egregious, greedy money grabbing! Complete IAP-fest!
I agree, also, that their games are pretty good, unfortunately.
Bottom line for me, though, that being said, regardless, I won't get these games at all. I don't like the idea of endorsing this kind of thing either, it's that simple. Bunch of BS!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:18 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I definitely agree with that 100%!!
This devs games represent the absolute worst in terms of egregious, greedy money grabbing! Complete IAP-fest!
I agree, also, that their games are pretty good, unfortunately.
Bottom line for me, though, that being said, regardless, I won't get these games at all. I don't like the idea of endorsing this kind of thing either, it's that simple. Bunch of BS!
I tried this because I liked racing rivals .the amount of IAP in this compared to RR is unbelievable . Total money grabbing trash.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:53 AM

Yea sad but I agree that this is slightly more money grabbing than the first CSR. I seem to remember that all cars could be bought with money instead of gold in the first version, but now it seems a smaller selection of cars at each of the tiers are buy able with money. It's all about the gold unfortunately, which takes forever to accumulate without paying real dollars.

But cool cars are available to buy with game money, so I will keep grinding. I didn't pay a cent in the previous game and I will continue not to for this one. The good qualities of the previous game for single player are still present, and I really do respect the car selection in both the games. Real gear heads back there, albeit greedy. I'd pay 2 dollars for this guys, #comeon.

Running the Mini for tier 1 and the BMW 2002tii for tier 2 so far.

EDIT: Jesus, 35 minute wait after buying a new car.

Last edited by jamaicanjerk; 10-23-2013 at 02:47 PM..
Old 10-23-2013, 11:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Right, so, in the interests of being absolutely sure, I did download this and tested it.

It's -worse- than CSR Racing. CSR racing, with multiplayer and the fact they've actually opened up some routes with previously "gold only" cars even if they need obscene levels of in game currency to collect, or you need a lot of grinding, at least you can now collect most of the cars and multiplayer adds an interesting mechanic that doesn't entirely depend on pay to win (there's some element of skill involved, amazing...).

CSR classics is grindy, so very very grindy, the upgrade costs are foul, the payouts are abysmal, you pretty much need to focus on restorations first to be able to unlock decals so you can make enough from the effing regulation races so you don't need to spend weeks on end grinding to build a car up to the point you can actually use it. Since there's no multiplayer at this point the only real step forward is that you have this rather nice 60's / 70's aesthetic and you have wheelsmoke. That's it.

No. Sorry. I'd rather play multiplayer in the original. That at least means I feel like I'm doing something interesting and elicits some level of excitement. CSR classics just screams "GIVE ME MONEY" all the damn time like some goddamn kid at the mall.

At least I managed to swing the Koenisegg CCX for free in CSR racing. And that alone has made the time and effort -worth- it. It's so very beautiful. I can stare at it all day.

Last edited by Hobbesian; 10-23-2013 at 11:07 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 11:07 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm sorry but when I read silly statements like 'Unbelievable Graphics' in the description, I utter a snort of derision and look elsewhere for my next game.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:44 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

I tried this because I loved CSR Racing, but after playing Racing Rivals, both CSR games lost my attention.