Universal Flashout 2 - (by Jujubee)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Mike.Jujubee

Mike.Jujubee Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    The game is now also available in a bundle with FLASHOUT 3D, Suspect in Sight! Anniversary Edition and Suspect: The Run! You get all these four games for $3.99 instead of $9.99 if bought separately! Recently we also updated FLASHOUT 2 to version 1.5 and now it features 10 new additional music tunes. Enjoy!:)

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Active Member

Aug 10, 2013
    #182 Cybermancer, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    I'm currently stuck in the second to last tournament - Powerblast.

Despite owning the fastest ship with all upgrades I can't beat the final opponent. No matter how perfect I'm flying the opponent is always three second faster.

Any suggestions?

edit:
    Guess what? Just after posting the above I fired up the game again and won the Powerblast tournament. The secret to winning was to strategically place a mine. ;-)

3. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    FLASHOUT 2 just got updated to version 1.6 and the new version solves the critical bug on the iPhone 6 on which the game was not running.

We also very much improved the graphics, so on devices with the A8 chips the game looks even more awesome :).

Oh, and for the next 7 days the price of the game will be reduced to $0.99.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flashout-2/id714855716

4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Game Impressions

Man, I took sooooooooooo long just to fire up this game again. Partly because i only revently got my iPad Mini a few months back. So many great games to play, even old ones...

This game is awesome! :D Gameplay is solid and intense with all those weapons and boosts on field. Destruction Mode will always be my favourite, as usual. I have spent most of my time in the campaign mode so far and it's pretty ok and the difficulty ramps up nicely. It took me some time to get the hang of nailing all the boosts on each track but now I'm mostly there, it feels pretty smooth with some exceptions of tight turns which isn't bad and adds a little variety.

However, I don't really like how campaign cups are completed; you must play in progression so you can only move forward in the cup and only play the current race. You cannot play back a previous event yo improve the score. If you quit one of the races halfway, you void all the potential points which seems pretty punishing to me. Even after the cup is successfully completed, the system is still the same, which becomes a chore if I want to improve say, the third event of the cup as I must play through the first 2 beforehand. Imo, the first play through of the cup adopting this mechanics is fine, but it should be removed after the cup is successfully completed. I don't want to play through 2 other events JUST to play my favourite Destruction Race event! :p

Some events though, seem impossible to win. Equilibrium Cup, 3rd Event seems impossible to get gold even on the best Acid-X. Redox League, Event 1 is also impossible to get past 4th.

Also, I would like more customization for Single Races. Setting the number of players and an option to turn off weapons would be great.

What happened to this game btw? It's been quiet for 2 months already. I hope this is not an abandoned game!

5. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Hi, thank you for the kind words! Right now we are focused mainly on Spellcrafter, our RPG title that will be out next month, also we released FLASHOUT 2S, a F2P version of FLASHOUT 2, but it is a bit different in matter of balance, etc. so I wouldn't shift to it if you own the paid version. Anyway we are already thinking about FLASHOUT 3, however don't quote me on this one as nothing has been officially confirmed yet ;). Cheers!

6. cesarperrin

cesarperrin New Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Ola! Big fan of your games here. In fact I think I have all of them. lol. Bit curious, though, what exactly are the differences in graphics quality between A7 and A8? I have an iPhone 6 (A8) and an iPad Mini 3 (A7) and I much prefer playing on iPad Mini 3. Bigger screen and all. But I don't want to miss out on the improved graphics. Are the changes in quality significant between the two?

7. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Hi, great to hear you like our games! There are some differences - mainly in resolution of effects, antialiasing, etc., but these differences are hardly noticeable - you get more "PC-like" effects but in general it should look pretty the same as the difference between the high and highest setting is not that big :). Cheers!

8. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York