iTunes gift card - where to get?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Sketch Games, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Sketch Games

Sketch Games Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Hey guys,

we are thinking about running contest with our game Animal Ark Africa for some US iTunes gift cards. Anyone knows, where we can get some? They are not available in our country and so far we only found them on ebay, but we are not sure about the authenticity.

Thanks!

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You can buy gift cards directly over iTunes and send them per mail.
    Look at the options at the bottom of the iTunes Browser.
    Or, if I remember correctly, directly under the "redeem"-option on the right side.

3. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    You can only buy Gift certificates for the country that you have an account for. In order to buy US Gift Certificates, you have to have a US account, and a US method of payment, so in theory you'd need a separate account for each country you wanted to gift for and a suitable method of payment in each.

4. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    I guess you could try finding someone in USA willing to accept paypal in exchange for buying a card/s. They could simply send you the codes to the iTunes cards, but that's only if you have someone you know and trust :)

5. egarayblas

egarayblas Well-Known Member

I suggest avoiding eBay or any auction site in buying your iTunes cards--there are a lot of scammers out there. Go directly to Apple or iTunes.

6. Breakdown Studios

Breakdown Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
    here are some information I found on the apple store that might explain it a bit more:

http://store.apple.com/us/help/gifting?mco=MTM3NDc1MTM

for what I understand you can now buy giftcards for other countries, but there are some restrinctions here and there..

so if you are in America you can buy it for certain countries listed on that page,

if you are in Europe you can gift one for all EU countries.

If I get it right..