iPhone Tilt to Live HD

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by aznriceboi13, Aug 14, 2010.

1. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    #1 aznriceboi13, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010

super awesome game that was on the iphone shall soon be available on the iPad :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"HD edition will feature completely revamped weapon effects, four times the arena space of its iPhone counterpart, and optimized tilt controls for the iPad platform. It’s bigger, it’s prettier, and best of all: it will be free to try before you buy."

"If you likey what we makey, you can access the full version for a $3.99 in-app purchase. That’s five unlockable weapons, rebalanced award challenges, all four giant-sized gametypes, and the iPad-exclusive leaderboards for each"

on TA's frontpage http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/16/one-man-left-announces-tilt-to-live-hd-for-the-ipad/

their website: http://www.onemanleft.com/

2. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Been waiting for this one thoug maybe it wasn't coming. When? :)

3. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
  4. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    You know what I'd like to see for this?? Using an iPhone/iPod touch as a controller for the iPad version, just like Chopper 2. I tried the iPhone version of TTL on the iPad, and it just doesn't feel the same as the iPhone, too hard to control.

5. epthegeek

epthegeek Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I was really hoping this would be a universal update. TTL is cool and all, but I don't need to buy it again.

6. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    its really cheap though :)

7. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Well almost all HD versions of iPhone apps have their prices pushed up, so we'll have to see how it goes.

8. lookmark

lookmark Active Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Looks pretty cool. Too bad it's not universal (I guess we'll see if it's worth the price), but highly recommended for those who haven't played Tilt to Live.

I'm not even a big fan of accelerometer-controlled games, but Tilt to Live is the exception: great controls, great design, really, really fun.

9. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    #10 chrisf82, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
    universal

I'm kind of getting annoyed at people complaining about not getting a free universal upgrade. Perhaps this isn't the right forum, but I'm gonna bring this around to TTL; if not then Mods I apologize.

First off, TTL is high-quality. I bought it for $2 and got my money's worth. Why should I get more for free?

Secondly, this game was FREE for a period of time. Why should people who paid $0 get a free upgrade? Devs can't make much to live on with that scenario...

Third, this isn't some brand new game that could make it's original pitch as a universal app to maybe help boost sales. The devs put in work originally, plus the updates, and have collected their money accordingly for the "non-retina" version. Do they not deserve the same for their current work on the retina version?

Sorry for the venting, I'm sure no one wants this thread to go off on this tangent - as it shouldn't. It should be about how freaking awesome this game is and how a "month" can't come soon enough. I only post this to, ideally, spare us all a few pages of "poor me I can't get more for free" crap.

10. chrisf82

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    Oh, and whoever had the idea about the iPhone being the control, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. It's probably unlikely to ever happen, but what a dope idea. This game is almost too perfect for it....

11. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    As you've probably seen, we recently had a full on announcement of Tilt to Live HD with a few more details on TA's front page as well as our own site.
    The cliff notes?
    • The game will be free with just classic mode
    • an IAP will give you access to the rest of the game modes, weapons, and awards
    • bigger arena taking advantage of the screen real estate
    • revamped high res graphics. Not just bigger, but more sophisticated animations, effects, and higher detail

We're shooting for a September release date.

12. chrisf82

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    I for one can't wait to play this game with 4x the real estate. Gonna be bad a.

13. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    OMG YES!
    SEPTEMBER!
    AROUND MY BIRTHDAY!a

14. Cynicalone

Cynicalone Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I love the idea of having a larger playing field.

Hell they could keep the dots and everything the same size as the iPhone screen just give you the iPad screen size playing field. Imagine the chaos of having hundreds if not thousands of dot's chasing you in Code Red. :eek::D

15. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    From twitter:
    "Tilt to Live HD has gone gold! We're shooting for a Sept 30th release date in typical OML last-minute fashion: http://bit.ly/bzlL2c#TtLHD "
    2 minutes ago via Tweetie for Mac

16. OneManLeft

We'll be releasing a gameplay trailer a little closer to the release date so stay tuned!

17. OneManLeft

18. Cynicalone

Cynicalone Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    That trailer looks awesome.

This is already an insta-buy for me. Now just hope Apple get's the approval done quick like.

$3.99 seems very reasonable with all the great content. :D

19. Beautiful. If I had an iPad, this would be the first game I buy. :)