KRPG's....dead genre on mobile?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mid83, Sep 15, 2014.

1. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    I remember several years back I had page after page of KRPG's to play on ios. Gamevil, Com2us and other devs pumped these games out on a regular basis and there was always something new to play.

I've paid less attention to iOS in the last couple years but it seems like krpgs are almost a dead genre now. I see that Choisen 2 was released last week but it's the first one I've seen a while. Former big krpg devs like Gamevil are focusing on clash of clans and PAD clones. The only companies that seem to still focus on single player rpgs are Square Enix and Kemco, but both release more traditional jrpgs vs krpgs.

Is this genre dead or are new releases just getting lost in the shuffle?

2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

Defiantly dead, inotia 5 cancelled, zenonia online korea only, nobody makes korean RPG anymore

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #3 Exact-Psience, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    The last ones i remember that are pretty good:

Crimsonheart - this is pretty old, but still one of the best
    Stone of Life - this one's a favorite. adapted CH's 360-degree movement controls, but has a deeper character development system
    Master of Dungeon
    Across Age 2 - probably the last good premium KRPG-like

But yeah, tis pretty dead i guess.

4. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    That's sad to hear :( hopefully the PAD bubble bursts at some point and we see rpg devs start to approach single player games again.

I think it would be cool to have an offical rpg thread so we can discuss what we are playing (new or old) and keep up with new releases that may fall thru the cracks. I know we have the RPG Reload thread, but that is more specific to the games written about in Shaun's column and voting on the monthly readers choice game.