Rage of the Gladiator - (by Gamelion) [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gamelion_Sebastian, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Gamelion_Sebastian

Gamelion_Sebastian Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
  2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looks good. But like most of us here, we're interested in gameplay, so im looking forward to those screenshots. Will follow this to see how this pans out.

3. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    A Gameplay video will be nice!

Btw ETA?

4. Gamelion_Sebastian

Sep 15, 2009
  5. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Yep looks interesting but really tells me nothing about the game, and not to be a grump but I'd rather not get PM spam please.

Best of luck and Ill be sure to check out the release thread.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah was a schoolboy error spam PM'ing a mod as well ! I've asked him not to do it again, hopefully we'll see a gameplay video soon

7. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I'll keep my eye on this one, looks very interesting

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Touch 4g support?

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Please don't be an Infinity Blade clone, please don't be an Infinity Blade clone...

10. Gamelion_Sebastian

Sep 15, 2009
    Official announcement + screens

Official press release announcement:

October 30th, 2012 - Cupertino, California - Gamelion is psyched to announce Rage of the Gladiator, a premium, fantasy-arcade fighting game for iOS and Android mobile devices.

You play the role of Gracius, a gladiator battling for his life in the arena. Your opponents are no ordinary evil, but are epic boss fights whose tricky attacks will challenge even the most elite gamers. Beat them before they brutally beat you.

Armed with your magical warhammer and a trusty shield, you must exploit their weaknesses by jumping, dodging, shield blocking, or counter-attacking with proper timing, agility, and thinking. Then unleash your rage by brutally pounding your enemy with your warhammer, and perform over-the-top combo finishers such as summoning a raging tornado, a vicious lightning storm, or a deadly pillar of fire.

Critically acclaimed Rage of the Gladiator was originally released on Nintendo WiiWare in 2010 by Ghostfire Games. It scored in the top 10% of all Wii titles based on Metacritic rating, and has received numerous 9/10 awards.

The new fully re-mastered version for iOS and Android offers stunning new 3D graphics, a new armory to customize your character, and a beautifully rendered introductory storyline to make a tactical gladiator fighting experience unseen on touch devices.

Check the official Rage of the Gladiator trailer and let the battle begin:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TsTRn30rwI

The game is expected to go live this holiday season. Follow us and stay in touch to get all the latest information about Rage of the Gladiator:

http://www.facebook.com/RageOfTheGladiator
    https://twitter.com/rage_gladiator
    https://twitter.com/gamelion

IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    What engine game uses?

12. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Good trailer,will be checking for this.:D

13. Gamelion_Sebastian

Sep 15, 2009
    Rage of the Gladiator coming Nov. 21st to App Store

Rage of the Gladiator is now approved by Apple and will be available for purchase on Nov. 21st.

Please contact me to receive a free promo code already now if you would like to write a review for the TA forum community.

For best experience higher end devices like iPhone 4s, 5, iPad 2, 3 or 4 are recommended.

We'll be also releasing an in-game trailer early this week.

14. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Just to be sure, by "premium" they do mean no IAPs right?

15. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I just got a code and I'm at work right now so can't play it as of yet but I must say that just from opening the app you can see right away the quality of the game. Ill post impressions soon.

16. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I just got a code too. Will post impressions soon.

17. Lazykw

Lazykw Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    just got the code too.. will play through the night and post some impressions on the game :)

18. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    So the thing is this game is really polished. It's a port of a wii game too, sort of.

The core mechanic of the game is like dark meadow, and blood and gory. Nothing really innovative there. Where this game sets apart is the pretty glorious cutscenes both during matches and before. Also, there is some cheesy voice acting too. The game is played to who can win 3 rounds first, so you can consider it such that you have 3lives.

IAPs are there but pretty out of sight. Even then they are not ridiculous. Three option of 1, 5, and 10 dollar IAPs. Played 5 bosses on novice so far. Coins are maybe, just maybe, a lil too slow. But I can't say for certainty that. 11 bosses over 3 difficulty levels.

All n all, a pretty decent game. Not sure ow much they're gonna price it, but anything between 3-5 dollars seems like a good buy to me.

19. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I loved this on the Wii. It was like a fantasy Punch Out. There is a similar game already on the app store, but RotG blows it away. I messaged the dev and hopefully will get a promo code so I can see how well it runs on the iPhone 3GS, since they recommend an iPhone 4s and above.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My initial impressions off the promo code is pretty much like this. The game is a waaay better Blood and Glory type of game, but is set in a first person perspective. In my opinion i think the coins gain is just a little slow, but it may be balanced depending on the pricing model.