iPad iMAME (iOS iMAME4ALL in App Store) by Jim VanDeventer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AnarKitty, Dec 21, 2011.

1. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

neo geo emulator

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ehhh? So is this at the app store? Is it available for non-jail broken devices?

3. The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Where is that emulator available?

4. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Do any of you guys know how I can reinstall imame on my iPad 3? It was installed on my iPad 2 but didn't copy over? Any ideas?

5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Transfer purchases on ipad2, then sync over to ipad3. If you don't have it saved anywhere anymore then you're out of luck.

6. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    It was available on the app store for only a few hours until removal by Apple. Any fix for dodonpachi being upside down?

7. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    It should show up in your purchased list in the App Store app. However, search doesn't seem to work for removed apps in your purchased list so you will have to page through all your apps until you find it. I recently had to do this with iDOS and it worked great and downloaded the latest version available from when it was on the store.

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yes, just look at page 39 of this thread for that fix. Worked for me! :)

9. royaltyfreemusic123

royaltyfreemusic123 New Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi guys, I have just read about 50 of these pages, its so cool to see mame out , I am too late to get it from the app store, please could someone tell me if I am able to install it still without jailbreaking my new ipad. I have read Les Birds imame for all at xcode but am a little confused at all the technical info on that page. Would be great to hear that its still possible to install it without jailbreaking ? Best Justin.:)

10. RCranium666

May 28, 2010
    You're way too late. It was a big surprise when it appeared on the app store. Must be almost a year ago since that happened. I suppose someone could dig into a backup and find the individual app but I sure don't know how to do it.

11. royaltyfreemusic123

royaltyfreemusic123 New Member

Nov 28, 2011
    thanks for your reply - you know I think you could advertise a mame ipad 1st generation on ebay for £500 !! just beacause it has that app. :)

I have spent the last couple of hours reading about Les Bird and I have to be honest and say he really is talking a new language for me - I cant fully understand what he is saying but does anyone know if he is saying you can install it onto a NON jailbroken ipad ?
    http://www.lesbird.com/iMame4All/iMame4All_Xcode.html

Best Justin.

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    THANKS!!! you're a genious! i couldn't download the 2.0.1 version of iDos at the time... now i have it! btw, how many versions of iDos came out on the Appstore?

thanks again acepryme!

13. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Throw iMame from the window please...we have million of new games for iPhone and those old games are done and dead. Noone wants them today!

14. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Trolling? If on the other hand your not, you are missing an awefull lot chap. Very few iOS games can match some of the better arcade games available on MAME.

15. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, you're right. That guy doesn't have a clue, but that's OK! His loss.......

16. RCranium666

May 28, 2010
    Goodbye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

17. albertone74

albertone74 Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Please help me out!

Good evening everyone,
    I have bought the New iPad and I have set it up by restoring the iPad 2 back-up.
    The only missing app is just iMame:mad:
    Every time I try to re-install it by selecting the app to sync and by putting a checkmark next the app name I am used the get this horrible error message "iMame failed to install". I have also noticed that even restoring a previous back up on my iPad 2 , iMame has disappeared and I can't even install it again on my iPad 2 either as I get the same error message. I would appreciate if you could help me out with this as I am going nuts without my favourite app:(
    many thanks in advance.
    Regards

18. RCranium666

May 28, 2010
    That's weird. I did the exact same thing and it worked. I'd say restart itunes, then the computer then the ipad. Try each time.

19. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    If you have both an iPad 2 and 3, you could jailbreak the iPad 2 and leave the new iPad unjailbroken for newer apps. Then you could install iMAME onto your iPad 2, along with all the other awesome emulators, and just dedicate the iPad 2 is to a massive retro game collection and use your iPad 3 for everything else. Jailbreak only takes 10 minutes with greenpois0n.

20. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I did this with my PSP. The thing has never played a PSP game, but its a dab hand as a SNES, Megadrive, GBA, Amiga, SCUMM and PS1 emulator.

Everybody should have a device for retro goodness. Sadly you have to Jailbreak iOS for this.