Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 03-17-2014, 10:26 AM
iPad mini

Apps are very cheap or even free so the user takes no risk in downloading an app which has become notorious because people have blogged about it. In a sense whether the bloggers loved or hated it is immaterial. People will download to see if was as good/bad as they say. Good publicity is better than bad publicity but both are *infinitely* better than no publicity. Personally I'd be delighted to see any type of publicity!

There are many examples of a product becoming a monster hit on the back of bad publicity. Flappy bird has "bad publicity" it was too hard/frustrating, critics said. The Da Vinci Code became popular largely because the catholic church disliked it. Books and apps are discretionary purchases where there is no such thing as bad publicity. Bad publicity for major purchases like a car would be less helpful!
Old 03-18-2014, 12:45 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I agree with some of the others. It's a messaging app. Not secure. Some kid exposed it and you threatened to sue! Sounds very over the top and harsh

Of course the name calling/threats are terrible (contact twitter if you get threats there) but sadly this is commonplace now on social media networks

But as for the app and not being secure. Doesn't sound good at all. I wouldn't shoot the messenger. Actually be thankful they exposed some major flaws which you should fix (and found originally)
Old 03-21-2014, 04:20 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Reading the articles it's claimed that outsourcing was involved? If this is true, no doubt they told you it was really secure.This is one of the dangers if you don't have a competent developer at your end to check their work and understand what measures they're putting in place.

As others have said, maybe just quietly get on with fixing it and 'relaunching' with a 'now even more secure' tagline.

Good luck.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

..oh I forgot to add, ignore any 'death threats', it now seems to be the norm on the internet to say these phrases. Trust me, they don't mean it and they will move onto the next thing when you go quiet.

Take a break from the internet perhaps?