Universal Nosferatu 2 - Run from the Sun (by Morphicon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Jul 29, 2015.

1. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    #1 sink_or_swim, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015

Nosferatu 2 - Run from the Sun

smuttlewerk interactive
    The most fun vampire of all time is back! The popular endless runner with over 5 million downloads featuring Nosferatu,…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The most fun vampire of all time is back! The popular endless runner with over 5 million downloads featuring Nosferatu, the friendly vampire, is moving on to the next round. The Garlians have returned and want to enslave humanity again. Help Nosferatu and his friends against the evil aliens while using numerous pets and mounts. There are plenty of free bonuses for completed missions. Race with your friends in the league and show that you’re the best and fastest vampire. Features: - Run & Jump with cool and unique characters - Collect & Customize many adorable pets and let them evolve - Progress on a wonderful world map - Join your friends and see who’s the best - Simple and precise touch control - "One-Finger-Style" - Fun events and prices Note: A network connection is required. Nosferatu 2 - Run from the Sun is completly free to play, however some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings. Support: Are you having problems with the app or have any suggestions? We'd love to hear from you! Write us at: [email protected]
    Information
    Seller:smuttlewerk interactive
    Genre:Adventure, Family
    Release:Jul 29, 2015
    Updated:Jul 29, 2015
    Version:1.3.5
    Size:226.5 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. APPSER

APPSER Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Male
    Nice game

3. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Developer here! :)

Feeback is greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think of the game guys and girls!

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I loved the first one. Downloading this now.

5. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I loved the first one too but now there is too much going on with all the menus and stuff. There's also an energy system, at the beginning you have 15 hearts but how do I get more hearts? It seems like they don't refill.
    It's fun to play because gameplay wise they changed not that much but I don't like the presentation of the menus at all. Almost as bad as the menus in the latest Sega freemium runner

6. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey sink_or_swim, thanks for the feedback!

the hearts get refilled once they drop below 5. then they get regenerated at a rate of 1 heart per 15 minutes. If you beat your highscore, hearts get always refilled to 5 again.

there are several ways to get hearts:

1. watch videos in the smuttlecinema
    2. log in with facebook and play with friends (I know that many don't like it, but its an option; we're evaluating if we can use GameCenter and GooglePlay services instead)
    3. beat your highscore
    4. buy them for premium currency
    5. log in rewards

about the menus: if we could do it again, we most likely would use a dragable interface of sorts. but as it is, we're now stuck to this interface and we did our best to make it as tidy as possible. we have lots of content in the game and that content needs room. interface design can be a most daunting task, that's for sure and what you see here is actually version 3. give it some more tries though, you will get used to it after a few plays - especially since you don't need to find out everything in the first few sessions.

glad you like the gameplay though. after all, that's what the game is about, not the interface. :) keep the feedback coming!

7. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  8. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    thanks for the gameplay videos guys!

note that touchy85 played with "low specs" - you can change that in the options menu. iPad 2 and iPhone 4s users should use low specs.

9. mikemattarocci

Feb 26, 2010
    Very nice :)

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Totally agree with SoS on this. It reminds me slot of the Sonic Runners game.

I loved the first game and it seemed to get quite a bit of support for the dev team. There was a lot added to it after initial release, so I have faith in the devs in this one too.

Gameplay wise, it's great. I love a lot about this game. The only thing that's going to take some getting used to is all the F2P stuff added and there's a LOT added to it.

I still say it's worth a download. I haven't been able to play it enough to give a proper review yet, but as of right now, I like it.

This has happened a lot lately with games that were released a couple years ago then end up releasing a sequel on the current AppStore. I can't get mad at the devs for changing with the times. Everything has to be F2P anymore or it barely gets noticed, so the devs are forced into figuring out ways to make it free and also earn money. I read some of these reviews on the AppStore and the biggest thing is people complaining that they had to pay for the game and that "it should be free". Like, how dare you charge a couple bucks for a game that took you years to create, but I'll go out and have no problem dropping 60 bucks on the new Call of Duty or whatever. It's sad.

Haha. Sorry for derailing the thread a little. Just had to vent I guess.

Back on topic!!

11. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    thanks for the feedback NOEN!

really glad that you like the gameplay! that's the most important thing for us.

and also thanks for your "derailing" words. it's not easy to live of making games if you're a small studio. when we launched the first Nosferatu back in 2012 we had no idea of how F2P works. god, we left some serious money on the table when we made the game free back then. no ad-network integrated, no IAPs...we had many downloads, but we started profiting of them only nearly half a year later, where most initial users were already gone. and even that money wasn't enough, so in 2013 we nearly went bankrupt and had to let go of two of our programmers.

but the past is the past! we put many hours in Nosferatu 2 and plan on investing many more. but for that we need downloads and players. so try the game, you have nothing to lose, except a little time. also, look at those lovely pets:

[​IMG]

you really want to leave them alone??? :)

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Well hopefully you did things internal right in this game. That's a bummer you had to let 2 people go. So far I've been enjoying the game. You guys did a great job and have a great character.

Best of luck!!

13. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Thanks NEON!

We'll see how it goes. Without a feature and no marketing budget to speak of, we need some luck to get enough players. It will work though, cause I know it's a good game (<- that's me trying to sound confident!)

Anyway, we have a cool worldmap integrated:

[​IMG]

Right now it stops in "Colorful Cow City", but we have great plans for this city. New play modes and stuff! :) Each of the waypoints gives the player free stuff to collect, either one time or after a few hours/days. Enjoy!

14. webproyectos

webproyectos Member

Aug 12, 2015
    this one is polished and varied runner. i play it since the first one :)

15. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    glad you like it! :)