Universal Puzzle & Dragons (by GungHo O. E. Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 8, 2012.

1. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    o_O

Suddenly wishing I got the Mech Dragon of Light - to be fair, I was barely beating Adept back then.

2. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

With chaos dragon helper. ( half dark damage )

Attached Files:

3. L.Hash

L.Hash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2012
    I'm a big fan of P&D but today I'm not happy.

I 've been playing since the beginning (curently ranking 77 and my friend 92). I was among the first on this site to promote the game with Vavin and many others. I even reached out to community manager to come over here on this forum with us.

I don't feel like I'm entitled to anything but I think GungHo is pushing it a bit too far sometimes.

Why would Gungho advertise about rare machine dropping awesome stuff and all I get is crappy baby Alraune. My friend got more luck he scored baby Sylph.

Yes rare machine doesn't offer any guarantee but in my experience you always get something good out of it.
    So when Gungho advertized about 100K download milestone and how they upped drop rates for best monsters, you'd think it was time to spend our hard earned/purchased stones. (yes I know they've been giving out a lot these days)

I'm not asking for a refund or anything but the idea is to make GungHo aware of slight issues in the way they set drop rates in some cases. Another example is that yesterday Tuesday dungeon had a x2 drop rate. I was aiming for the yellow keeper.
    After 10 or more tries, you know what, no yellow keeper just a bunch or red, blue, and purple ones. yes x2 drop rate. GungHo needs to bring some clarity here.

Oh and while I'm in ranting mode I might as well ask Gungho to be more professional and get a proper communication in place about when game is going outside of Japan and US markets. Not ideal to buy US itunes cards to buy magic stones outside of US.

Ok end of rant, i'm going back to try my bad luck to Flame Mechdragon.

Cheers

4. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Just got the flame mechdragon on first try on expert. This has been a good start to the week lol. Also got a naga. I've unlocked the technical dungeon of flame mechdragon too, what's the difference apart from it being harder? Is there better monsters to collect?

5. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Agreed, more transparency is needed from the developer on this issue. It doesn't make any sense not to release across other territories, this is just lost revenue for the developer ultimately and just aggravates those that can't play the game.

6. Stfnd

Stfnd Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Can someone help me, I've just started and got a few questions.
    So I got a Amaterasu Okami in my first pull, but I am not known with the game itself.

I was told to feed it +RCV eggs, but I am not sure what is considered a egg. Is it Evo material, or just a monster with +1 that also has +RCV blinking in it. For example there are there Evo materials that offer say 10 ATK 50 HEALTH 100 RCV. Which do I need?

And when it gets to feeding, do I just give them to the Amaterasu or do I need to make something out of those first, so it gets higher level? And lastly, do I use Power-up fusion or Evolve fusion for this?

Thanks for any replies!

7. blank888

blank888 Active Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Pretty much feed it everything you can! (Using power up)

You can lvl up certain monsters before feeding them, such as the penguin looking monsters from technical dungeons. But my suspicion is you don't have access to the technical dungeons yet, since you only get that after beating a large amount of normal dungeons first.

So yeah, feed her everything you can.

8. coRex

coRex Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    hey guys.

right now i am not really sure on which of my teams i should focus:

ADK-6.25
    Leaders: ADK, ADK Subs: ADK, CDK, CDK, CDK - (and in special cases echidna)
    - i really love this team for grinding and leveling and even for some expert and master dungeons you could use it, especially with echidnas skill)

Valk-6.25
    Leaders: valkyrie, valkyire Subs: Verche, Siren, Echidna, Amaterasu
    - dont have that much experience with this team, as my valk is not 6* right now, but i already have the mats. but it seems everyone is heading for this team right now.
    it is really versatile, but dont have the nuke ability of the following 2 teams....

Thor 4-9x
    Leaders: thor, thor subs: Verche, Amaterasu, Venus, Valkyrie
    - also i dont have much experience with this team, but i guess the nuke ability is very good and also good rcv value...

dark 4-6x
    Leaders: Vampire Lord, Loki subs: siren, CDK, CDK, Yomi
    - similar to the light team, but with less rcv, less mulitplicator, but can change 3 colors to dark instead of lights 2...

maybe you guys can help me to decide this, because i dont play the JP version and dont know what is coming and which team is better for the future of US PAD.
    in the long run i try to level them all, but right now i guess i should rather focus at one team :)

thx :)

9. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    #2369 nicoga3000, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    Anyone with a Shiva leader able to add me? I need one on my list. I'll be running Alraune or Archangle soon, but I need a Shiva to help me get there ha.

Her leader ability is amazing. She's the best healer in the game. Her ability is based off of her RCV, so the idea is to pump her RCV as high as possible (and for as cheap as possible) in order to maximize her helpfulness.

Here's how it works.

You need to select Power Up Fusion on the monster tab. From here, you can feed monsters to your base monster. This gives them experience (bonus experience is awarded for feeding your base monster any monster of the same element...So feed Amaterasu any light colored monsters for a bonus). When you have a monster with a + on their card, that means they have a bonus stat boost. Check the info on the monster to see what it is. +RCV monsters are always best to be fed to your main healer, no matter what the element is.

The reason you only want to feed her +RCV is because of cost. As the + goes up on a monster, the cost to feed it does, too. You can get +99 in every stat if you have the means to do so, but it becomes astronomically expensive.

Once a monster reaches max level, you can perform an Evolve Fusion. When you do an Evolve Fusion, all + stats carry over. So if you evolve a little goblin with +10 HP, it will turn into the bigger goblin with +10 HP. So what that means is that your + skill monsters are NEVER lost unless you sell them. Your + stats will always carry through.

In closing!

Feed your Amaterasu anything you want. Don't waste your evolve masks or lits (the little ghost things) since they are required for evolutions, and they give crappy exp. When you manage to secure a monster with a +RCV boost, feed it to Amaterasu for mega bonus!

10. [-Pat-]

[-Pat-] Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Sent you an invite nicoga, i have shiva, ill leave it on as my leader for a bit but i tend to switch leaders depending on what dung im running/farming. Names Pat ingame

Also, does anyone have any tips on getting a divine idigo mask? Ive been running weds dung everytime it comes out, even on these x2 days, and never get it to drop! Anywere else that is slightly likely to drop? Need it to evolve my siren..

11. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks - got the invite and stomped the Mask dungeon. I've been clearing it with my resolve/poison team, but it's just SOOO slow. I got through it in about 4 minutes with your Shiva, ha.

Regarding those dumb Divine Indigo masks...That's ALL I've been getting from the final room in Expert Mask. I need the Light version! Are you running the Expert mask? If not, it's VERY easy and I can give you a relatively simple team setup if you want.

12. James

James Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    It isn't a good idea to feed Amaterasu Ohkami +HP eggs as that will reduce her value in resist/zombie teams. She should definitely get every +RCV egg. +ATK eggs are probably better given to something which benefits from the ATK bonus, like Neptune or Odin.

13. Stfnd

Stfnd Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Nicoga thanks so much, that really helped me out a lot!

14. [-Pat-]

[-Pat-] Member

Nov 30, 2012
    #2374 [-Pat-], Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    Yes I run expert, i usually have to use resolve and a healer and my echidna the empress an its an easy dungeon, funny thing is i have plenty of mystic masks from all these runs but i cant get the damn blue one!! Lol!

Oh yeah and i got bombarded with invites after adding you hahah, all good tho :)

Edit - wow i just realized why you want shiva for this dungeon, i pretty much 1 hit the last 3 rounds. STILL NO BLUE MASK!! Oh well.. Another mystic lol

15. Pixelpojken

Pixelpojken Active Member

Dec 10, 2012
  16. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    The 15 stones were compensation for the day the Japanese servers went down. As for that Monster, I believe it's a special collab event character.

17. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
  18. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Does GungHo give you a cheat command? Or at least a game where you have access to every monster so you can test 'em out etc? I understand you play this game like a lot of us do, but it would be neat to have a 40k HP and 10k damage team to putz around with :D

19. GungHo

GungHo Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Community Coordinator
    The GOEA Office!
    I WISH!!!!!

The closest we got was a test server about a month before the game came out. The devs distributed 85 Magic Stones to the testers 1 or 2 times before the end of the test phase and basic Metal Dragons were always available.

As soon as the actual game came out, such benefits CEASED. I've been getting by with my wits and the tips I learn on these forums!

:p

Also, to be fair, I ran the Mech Dragon of Light dungeon like 50 times and never got a thing >_<

20. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Oh, I wasn't asking because you got the Fire Mech...I got him before the Tech dungeon as well. I was just wondering outloud and thought it would be pretty sweet if you had access to a secondary system where you could "Game Genie" P&D just to have fun :cool: