Dig! by Tasty Poison Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tasty_poison, Feb 28, 2013.

1. tasty_poison

tasty_poison Active Member

Aug 16, 2010
    making games and drinkin'
    Cape Town

Tasty Poison Games is very pleased to announce our next in house game, Dig!
    Since our last game (Pocket RPG) was an “RPG”, we decided to switch gears this time and make something completely different.
    Dig! will be more of an arcade, skill based game with hints of Taito’s 1981 game, QiX as the inspirational point, that quickly developed into something we like to think of as way cooler! (Awesome’r?)
    We will be posting videos/pics as well as comments, and additional details on gameplay from the development team, for the next 6 weeks when we expect to have it released on iPad 2, iPad3, iPad Mini, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. We also have plans to make it playable on the iCade soon after the initial release.
    The only other thing that I can mention at this point is that there will be hats… lots of cool hats! … and, some digging…

Enjoy the current load of pics and in game visuals and please make comments or even suggestions. We will listen and answer back if asked nicely. ☺

Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just added wide screen support for iPhone and iPod5 and it looks great!

2. Slightly off-topic, but are you ever going to make a Pocket RPG sequel? It's still my favorite original RPG on the iOS. Even though I played many iOS RPGs and DSSes since completing the game with all three characters, no other iOS RPG/DSS has that same magic to me.

Pocket RPG has turned me into a Tasty Poison fan, so I'll be there to buy Dig day one. :)

3. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Wow, this looks really fun, and worryingly addictive. If you ever need anyone to test the game and give detailed feedback before release I would love to try this out.

4. Hey Haruhi! We are pretty keen on doing another action RPG, just not sure if we wanna make another Pocket RPG. The idea was to make a pick up and play mini hack and slash game. We feel we did that. So if we were to make another action RPG, we would want to play around with the mechanics even more or take away classes all together. So it wouldn't be fair to call it a sequel. Thanks for the support though, always good to hear :)

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Looks great. I will be following this closely. Can't wait!

6. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Tasty Poison Games
    Cape Town South Africa
    Thanks and yes haha its very addictive! So far we have all the help we need but thanks for the offer :)

7. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Immensely excited for publishing this! It took a while for me to grasp the concept but once I did I was hooked. Very neat and unique game. Tasty Poison polished. :)

8. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Tasty Poison Games
    Cape Town South Africa
    Hey guys, another update :)

Meet the museum's Curator...the museum displays the artifacts you have collected!

[​IMG]

9. Juliemagon21

Juliemagon21 New Member

Mar 7, 2013
    #9 Juliemagon21, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Benefits of having a mobile apps

Since smart-phones came into existence a few years back, mobile apps have become an integral part of our daily lives. Most of the interactions taking place online are now done by mobile phones. According to a recent study over 5 billion online users which form almost 77% of the global population are present online using some sort of mobile device. With the advancement of mobile usage, more and more users are switching to mobile commerce (buying and selling using mobile phones).
    The question then is, how does one capitalize on the mobile application development technology? It’s fairly simple; businesses should either switch to a mobile application or make their websites optimized for mobile usage.

10. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Tasty Poison Games
    Cape Town South Africa
    Thanks Josh! :cool:

11. Howdy!

Another Friday update, this one is of a lava golem!

[​IMG]

12. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Tasty Poison Games
    Cape Town South Africa
    Happy Friday peeps! Here is another update of one of the levels, Dig! is looking great :cool:

[​IMG]

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Dig! is approved now - should be out next Thursday. :)
    There will be a new launch trailer as well!