Is Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 the best soccer game now?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Jun 14, 2010.

?

Which soccer game is currently the best?

1. Pro Evolution Soccer 2010

36 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. FIFA World Cup 2010

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. Real Soccer 2010

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. X2 Soccer 2010

32 vote(s)
    41.0%
  5. Other

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I recently bought FIFA World Cup 2010. It's a nice game, but I can't help but feel there might be something better available.

Is Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 better?

2. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I just finished reading a bunch of reviews. The consensus, from what I've gathered, is that FIFA World Cup 2010 is better than Real Soccer 2010, X2 Soccer 2010 is better than FIFA World Cup 2010, and Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 is the best overall.

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    X2 Football 2010 is best, IMO.

4. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    What makes it better? I'm thinking about buying it.

5. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    well i havent played PES but it is x2 out of the rest, by far!! the other 2 are pretty average...

6. leemur

leemur Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Medical Student
    Somewhere over the rainbow!~
    TSharp i just want to ask you one question.. have you ever played PES on any other consoles? here's my opinion, if you want official games and better gameplay with beautiful animations then go for PES. If you're going for a more complete game then x2 2010 would be the one you want. But for me, i vote for PES 2010 for being number one.. Because remember, this is PES's first appearance on the iphone, and it is unbelievable, almost similiar to the PSP graphics, but like i said you be the judge. PES, is still to me not yet perfect, despite that it is still number one for me:)
    Here's a bunch of videos for you to compare:
    (i) Iphone PES 2010 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvkU6RwWkGA
    (ii) PSP PES 2010 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5MqXakN74o
    (iii) X2 2010 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mKhk-qnSoc

The reason why i put PSP PES gameplay is for you to see the similarities between the PSP and IPhone version. the graphics are almost identical. one thing lacking is the become a legend and master league. which im sure in the future it will be included.

7. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I just bought it. It's fun, but I've been having a hard time making goals. Aiming is a little less automatic than FIFA World Cup.

Yes. :)

My consensus is only based on the reviews I've read.

Thank you for the info and video links. I'll check them out.

8. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    What difficulty are you playing?

I'm finding scoring pretty easy on Normal, will probably bump it up soon. I've had some NICE goals so far (corner headers, overhead kicks, flick-and-kicks), saved replays and will put them on Youtube tomorrow probably :D

9. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    #10 tsharpfilm, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    I've been playing on Easy. :( Hahaha.

:D I probably just need a little practice to get used to the controls.

10. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Most people who say X2 2010 is the best don't even have PES 2010. They're just judging it from screenshots, videos or 'what they heard'.

11. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    You can't even compare X2 and PES

X2 is by faaaaaaaaar better.

PES is just laggy on my 3G iPhone 3.1.3 (jailbroken) while X2 runs fluently. Everytime i pass the ball there is a short but deciding stop(a delay in passing).

And if you pass in PES the ball just don't stop there, where it should. It's frustrating!

Though, the AI in PES 2010 is muuuuch better. X2 KI is by far to easy.

12. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    That's not true, and how on earth would you know if we owned the game or if we were just judging it without having played it. From my experience (having played both games), X2 Football 2010 is better. The only thing that PES does better than X2 is the player animations, player models look better and the passing is more realistic. And apart from that, X2 Football 2010 beats PES in every other way.
    Just my opinion of course. The decision seems to very split between PES and X2 at the moment. PES has 16 votes, X2 has 17.

13. irkokopuffs

irkokopuffs New Member

Jun 15, 2010
    ^LOL shut up i played PES Fifa and X2 and i can say that X2 is the better choice

14. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    How is it better?

15. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #16 LBG, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    - More modes/content
    - There is online multiplayer
    - More teams, leagues, cups
    - More challenging AI
    - You can switch between your players while defending
    - Passing is easier and you feel like you actually control the direction of passes
    - Better presentation, menus etc
    - Players have more data and skills/abilities
    - There are several weather effects that actually look different and look realistic
    - The replay mode is much better and there is also the ability to save replays as well
    - There is commentary
    - There are a ton of options to fiddle around with
    - You can pass back to your keeper and control him (instead of him just passing it straight back like in PES)
    - Multiple stadiums which you can choose between
    - There is a patch which gives you all the official teams, kits etc (which PES doesn't have)
    - Pitch/grass textures are better. Graphics are generally better, apart from player models which aren't as good as they are in PES.

16. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Sounds like I made a good choice in getting X2 2010 last night. :)

Thanks for the comparison, LBG.

17. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

LBG... my friend... you are... my hero. :) Just listed *most* of the things there. ;)

18. donner

donner Well-Known Member

Can you explain how you view X2's AI as better? I'd like to know as all im hearing is that PES has better AI.

19. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    The main problem I have with the AI is when they are on the offensive. They always seem to run towards your goal in the same way and they are easily pressured into taking ridiculously early shots that end up going way off-target.
    Whereas in X2 Football, they just seem more clever and tactical in the way that they approach your goal - the will often come along the side and cross it in where another player will head it into the goal or they will lob it over to an unmarked played who will put it straight into the net. And their tactics and skill seems to be more varied and realistic depending on who you are playing. For example I was playing against Fullham, they were playing in quite an average way - some silly shots, passes that can easily be intercepted and missing good opportunities for a goal. However when I played against Man United (on the same difficulty), there was an instantly noticeable difference in how they played - they were constantly intercepting my passes, outmaneuvering me and making some excellent shots.