Idu 2010 @ gdc

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by IUGOME, Feb 5, 2010.

1. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Hey Devs!

If any of you remember we threw 2 IDU (iPhone Developer Union) parties last year. They were pretty successful and a whole lotta fun! We're organizing another one this year for GDC in March. At this point I'm still trying to nail down a venue and a few sponsors to throw in a modest contribution towards drinks.

Also, I haven't heard about what nights other parties are happening (ie: ngmoco's gig, etc) and I'd like to try to not clash with those directly related to us iPhone people. Anyone heard of other parties going on yet?

So far I'm looking at Thursday March 11th for the IDU party.

I welcome any thoughts or suggestions for this event! :)

2. MKingery

MKingery Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Artist
    Omaha NE
    count a small contingency from skyvu in!

3. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Ok guys and gals I think we're going with Thursday March 11 for the party! We're going to go back to the Marriott Hotel Lobby Bar and wing like we did the first time. It seems to be fun that way. Prob start around 7pm or so.

I'll post reminders and updates as the date approaches!

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

5. MKingery

Sep 1, 2009
    Artist
    Omaha NE
    likewise!

6. etoiles

etoiles Well-Known Member

7. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Oh and we're still looking for anyone who would be willing to throw a modest amount of $$ towards sponsoring drinks for the event. Let me know if you're interested! :D

8. llopis

llopis Active Member

Wait, doing it Thursday goes right up against the IGF Awards Ceremony, and I imagine most indie game devs will want to be there.

Any chance of doing it on Wednesday evening instead?

9. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    BUMP. I second Noel's motion

10. dubane

dubane Well-Known Member

Sweet, glad this is happening again though sorry I won't be able to help sponsor this time around :(

I'd agree with Noel and Superbad that Wednesday would be better than Thur for me, but I'll try to be their either way!

11. MKingery

Sep 1, 2009
    Artist
    Omaha NE
    i can sponsor in so far that i won't be drinking... that counts right? if everybody can just sponsor sobriety then we will be covered!

12. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Hmmm, ok ya that could be a conflict. I was aiming for Thursday because there are so many other parties to compete with (and other parties I want to attend!) on Tuesday and Wednesday. Any ideas?

13. dubane

dubane Well-Known Member

My advice is to just a pick a night and make all of us deal with the conflicts. It's impossible not to have any, so we'll just have to figure it out :) I personally prefer Wed or Friday over Thursday, but there is no "perfect" choice.

14. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

#14 IUGOME, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    In an attempt to appease as many people as possible, here is the new night for the event:

IDU @GDC 2010

When: Wednesday, March 10
    Time: 8pm
    Where: Marriott Lobby Bar, right across the road from Moscone Center West
    Who's Invited:All indie iPhone Developers and Media!
    Sponsors: Team Phobic, Touch Arcade and IUGO
    Other Info: Drinks only WHILE DRINK TABS LAST

An awesome event to network with your fellow indies while showing off your latest digs to media all in one room!

15. llopis

llopis Active Member

Awesome! Wednesday works perfectly for me. I'll definitely be there!

16. GavinBowman

GavinBowman Well-Known Member

We'll be there.

17. Venan

Venan Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Sounds like fun!

If you need anyone else to help sponsor the drinks, shoot me a PM and we'd be happy to pitch in.

18. firemint

firemint Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Making games :D
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm hoping to at least drop in, it was really great meeting so many people last year so I'm looking forward to doing it again :) I'll be the one in the Flight Control t-shirt!

Cheers, Alex

19. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Sweet! Looking forward to meeting new people and catching up with old buddies during this event! It's ALWAYS a great time. :D

20. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

And we now have another sponsor to add! Venan Entertainment is kindly sponsoring bevvies for the night along with:

Touch Arcade
    Team Phobic (of Bounce On fame)
    IUGO Mobile Entertainment

It's shaping up to be a great shin dig!