Anyone have Weird Worlds and using iOS 7?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jorlen, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Weird worlds was recommended to me, however the game hasn't been updated since 2011.

As a new user of the ipad mini and iOS 7, I'm noticing a lot of my older and beloved games no longer work properly, so before spending $ on this title, I wanted to know if any of you have it, and can test it out on iOS 7?

Thanks!

BTW - What is causing these games to fail on new IOS releases? I've been out of the loop for so long, I have no clue.

2. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I don't have the game, but I just wanted to say how disgusting it is that apple do not offer refunds on games that do not work on your device. That should be false advertisement. There should be a clear message in the app description what iOS versions it runs on, and until then, refunds should be permitted (within reason..) of course there's some douchebags out there who ruin it for everyone else by trying to claim refunds on every game they bought.. But I think there's a $10 limit for refunds, per account, per annum, or something anyway, so it's not that big of a deal if a few odd people do chest the system, they makes trillions from third party developers hard work, the least they can do is offer a guarantee about which devices certain games run on for christs sake.
    /rant.

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Not only games, other apps are also malfunctioning under iOS 7. But that is to be expected because those apps were not written to rub on iOS 7 to begin with.

4. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    #4 Jorlen, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Apple should take a hint from how the Android google play store does it.

You can refund an app within an hour or a short time immediately after purchasing it, primarily for compatibility issues.

Or at the very least, if the app is over X amount of days without an update, you have the hour after purchase to refund if necessary.

5. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    They do offer refunds for this and nearly any reason... But there's a limited number they'll refund. That's pretty reasonable.

Sorry for the off-topic. I personally can't comment on Weird Worlds on 7. You can get it for $5 - $10 on PC online though. Might try the iPad thread?

6. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    They do.

7. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Picked it up, awesome so far.

Question though, is there a way to save and exit game without retiring?