Padding Reviews

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ivforlife, Aug 17, 2009.

1. ivforlife

ivforlife Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    It is getting to the point where you cannot trust reviews that you see in the app store. Not that this is breaking news to any of you, it is just that I am a bit pissed off at a recently released product - GrooveMaker. The review tampering on that product line are the worse I have seen in a long time. There is a bimodal distribution of reviews, with a group of 5's and a larger group of 1's. The 5's that have comments with them are obvious shills to the point that it is comical or obscene, depending on how you want to look at it.

There needs to be a feature added to the app store where as a buyer we can look at all of the reviewers histories. So we can see when they were created, how many other items they have reviewed, etc.

Sorry, this ends my rant.

2. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    I come here for my reviews. There are good bunch of honest reviewers here and will fairly and accurately review whatever they play. Once you get to know who they are you can trust their reviews on iTunes as well. Until then, use caution.

3. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    If you click on their name in the review on iTunes, it will show you everything they've reviewed.

4. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    :Dhe told you!