Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 02-01-2014, 01:53 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonkey View Post
run to other rooms to hide :P also for a small hint.. don't stick around too much in the same location as she will always search there first when she enters the world.

I actually have proper line of sight mechanics in there for the AI but I have adjusted it to what you get now. It may change in the future but perhaps saving that for new creatures to enter the dungeon

I know what you mean about the brightness outside... I too had trouble and messed around with the brightness to make it playable outside. But when I got home and tested it endlessly in my room, it made things far too easy to see without using candles. Not to mention, players may have their phone brightness on full and they could get an unfair advantage.
You're right, I can change the brightness on the ipad easy enough so I can increase it when I want to play this game out of the house and dial it back when I'm inside. Of course there's nothing stopping a player from just increasing the brightness to make it easier to see regardless if one is indoor or outdoor.

Hmm... Are developers able to access the same mechanism used to handle the auto-brightness setting of the ipad itself? Maybe you can use that to increase or decrease screen brightness depending on available lighting?
Old 02-01-2014, 01:55 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikavari View Post
You're right, I can change the brightness on the ipad easy enough so I can increase it when I want to play this game out of the house and dial it back when I'm inside. Of course there's nothing stopping a player from just increasing the brightness to make it easier to see regardless if one is indoor or outdoor.

Hmm... Are developers able to access the same mechanism used to handle the auto-brightness setting of the ipad itself? Maybe you can use that to increase or decrease screen brightness depending on available lighting?
On a side note, maybe we should continue this discussion on your thread instead of here to increase awareness of your game. We've pretty much established that the players posting on this thread recognize your game as scariest LOL.