One Tap Hero - by Chillingo and Coconut Island (Finger Balance's Creator)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Wen, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart
    #1 Wen, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012

[email protected]: THE GAME WILL BE LAUNCHED THIS WEEK, PUBLISHED BY CHILLINGO!

A lovely one tap puzzle platformer. You only need one tap to play it and depends on different context your tapping may cause our hero doing different actions.
    It'll come to iOS this year, follow us http://twitter.com/coconut_island to stay tuned!

Please visit www.OneTapHero.com & like One Tap Hero Facebook fanpage www.facebook.com/OneTapHero
    If you'd like to tweet about One Tap Hero, please use #OneTapHero

Honor:
    2011 IGF China's Finalist: http://www.gdcchina.com/events/igf_finalists.html
    Game Connection Europe 2011 Selected Projects Nominee: http://www.game-connection.com/gameconn/content/selected-projects-winner-game-connection-europe-2011

We'll gift the game to the following beta testers who helped us test and improve the game. You can even find your names in the credits part. Big thanks to all of you!:)
    kzwen
    MGP2
    saiyukialex
    Dreadnok
    LOLavi
    Totenmaske
    PointOfLight
    m13
    .THOTH.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Awesome looks like donkey kong :D

3. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart
    haha never thought about it before. but the levels do look little bit alike :)

4. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    This looks amazing. Period.

5. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart

6. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Looks good! Loved Finger Balance.

7. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart
    Thanks for following our games:D

8. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    was the vid running in fast speed? looks great. im not sure my mind will be able to keep up in later levels.

9. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart
    Yes, the video is fast-forwarded. In the actual game it's normal speed. And in the game we'll let player switch to overview mode at any time so u don't need to worry about the game speed problem;).

10. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    The game has a funny story and the game play is good. You will see many new elements in the game. :)

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  12. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart
    Thanks for reposting the video. It looks better now:D

13. Sybo-Sly

Sybo-Sly Active Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Game Developer
    Denmark
    One tap controls are EPIC! I wonder if it gets frustrating not being able to turn your character though? Anyways, looks great!

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    It's like a slightly less frustrating version of Chocorun's controls. Personally I'd prefer standard controls for this game, but it looks great nonetheless.

15. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart
    #15 Wen, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    Firstly thanks for checking out One Tap Hero and all the compliments:D and it gives us drive to keep improving and polishing the game to the best quality. Probably I can answer your wonderings in one post

@Sybo-Sly
    It may frustrate the players if they can't turn their directions in a very slow pace because it's time consuming and they feel bored. But if the pace is appropriate and his surrounds are ambundant sothat they must keep thinking of dealing with them probably (we hope) they'll forget the turn issues ;) They can actually change the direction if they try to hit the wall on purpose.

@arta
    Thanks for telling us about Chocorun, great game btw. We didn't know Chocorun before. It looks similar to Super Meat Boy which demands player's good jump techniques where the fun is. One Tap Hero is more like a puzzle game you need to figure out how to operate different devices or weapons to get stars, escaping from or killing enemies (they didn't appear in this trailer but some are already made in the alpha version). Of course Jump in the right timing in One Tap Hero is also very important but the selling point is designed to be the usage of different devices, weapons to solve the puzzles. You're right that the game becomes harder with one tap control instead of standard controls but to finish the stages with puzzles in shortest time is the main goal. To achieve that you may need to play some certain hard level several times. It is our original thoughts and hope it'll work:D

16. nantas

nantas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Designer at aBitGames Studio
    Xiamen
    That's how you should play platform game on touch devices!

Can't wait to see it hit the appstore, great work :)

17. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart
    Thanks, man. We do want to simplify the control of a platformer game on touch screen based devices and therefore using one tap control.

18. Wen

Wen Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Co-Founder
    Shanghai, Stuttgart
    Some screenshots

[​IMG]

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Any more info on this? I just realised Coconut Studios is also publishing that Clay's Reverie game, and I found another game on their website called Crossout that looks awesome as well. Seems like they're developing a great catalog. :)

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah once they're out I'll try them instantly and if I like, these guys will be one of my favorite devs!