freelancer needs signing certificate

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by iuliapana80, May 5, 2015.

1. iuliapana80

iuliapana80 New Member

May 4, 2015
    Hey everyone,

I am really new in this domain, if you could help with this question.

I hired someone to develop an application with in-app purchases.

For coding the in-app purchases he asked for my certificate.

Is this normal and required?

I hesitated because it contains my private key, can he do something illegal with it?

I have an individual dev license, so I cannot create a team.

Thank you,
    Iulia

2. cjerian

cjerian Member

Jan 15, 2015
    In app purchases only work on real hardware

Because in app purchases can only complete on real hardware, even with a test account, and do not run in the simulator, the purchase always fails. Then you need to install it on a real phone or ipad.
    To install on a real phone or ipad you need to sign the binary. You need a real signing certificate to sign the binary.

However to create real mischief you need the distribution certificate, e.g. to post things on the apple store.

Give the developer certificate and its private key and this will allow testing on a device, but not to install on the app store. (If the distribution certificate has a different private key) I think it does.

3. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    If you have an individual licence that is what you have to deal with. Apple has the solution with the team but obviously you have to pay for those features.

4. iuliapana80

iuliapana80 New Member

May 4, 2015
    Thank you cjerian and Destined, I gave all the resources needed; being ,like you said, an individual.