Fellow developers please provide generous feedback

03-20-2014, 03:08 AM
#1
Fellow developers please provide generous feedback

I've been recently looking for ways to drive up sales to my game Strife, which isnt doing too well in the appstore. I realize I havent done much marketing other than a press release, which did little for sales, and thus I looked to hire the services of marketing firms. I've gotten several offers from several firms that responded to the ad I placed, and they offer several plans, to which I have to say I'm not very knowledgeable of. Could anyone explain to me a bit more what do these plans really offer?

http://greatapps.com/sales/international

http://fitysocialmedia.com/plans-pricing/

Are these offerings even worth it for what they ask? One suggested that I lowered the price of the app, saying it was too expensive for the appstore.

Strife: Quest for the Sigil - FPS/RPG blend of action!
03-20-2014, 03:57 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,224
What game is this for ? Strife ?

I really want to buy Strife, i love old 90's Doom style shooters, its just i've heard the controls (at the moment) arent very good. Looking at feedback/app store reviews they seem to suggest the same.

Once its fully working and theres no issues i would buy a copy asap

03-20-2014, 07:31 AM
#3
Yes, it's for Strife. The controls were fixed several updates ago. The reviews just havent reflected that. The controls are now working well. The problem is that maybe I should have had the controls fixed way earlier, and now I cant seem to get anyone to care about the game anymore.

Strife: Quest for the Sigil - FPS/RPG blend of action!

Last edited by originalcopy; 03-20-2014 at 07:36 AM.
03-20-2014, 03:39 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalcopy View Post
Yes, it's for Strife. The controls were fixed several updates ago. The reviews just havent reflected that. The controls are now working well. The problem is that maybe I should have had the controls fixed way earlier, and now I cant seem to get anyone to care about the game anymore.
Unfortunately your latest review says otherwise.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
03-20-2014, 05:06 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
Unfortunately your latest review says otherwise.
Which latest review? I havent had any reviews since 1.3. The current release, the universal one, is 1.8.

Strife: Quest for the Sigil - FPS/RPG blend of action!
03-20-2014, 06:31 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalcopy View Post
Which latest review? I havent had any reviews since 1.3. The current release, the universal one, is 1.8.
by Ravenclaw666
"
Dear Rogue Entertainment,

The control sticks/touch screen controller interface is not responding to the Ipad. Even I cant user the touch screen controls to play within the in-game section. Heck, I can't even access the main menu section, including the Options section as well.

Also, please locate and fix any bugs and glitches in this game, so that the game does not crash ever.

One more thing I would like to ask, Please enable the secondary option for Bluetooth controller hardware support for this game. Learning how to use the control sticks/touch screen controller interface can be very difficult to work with and figure out.

Bluetooth controllers will not only benefit this game, but will give gamers a better option they will like, when they play the game.

Please update this game soon so that it will take this sci-fi game classic into orbit.

Many thanks and good luck."

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
03-21-2014, 03:42 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
by Ravenclaw666
"
Dear Rogue Entertainment,

The control sticks/touch screen controller interface is not responding to the Ipad. Even I cant user the touch screen controls to play within the in-game section. Heck, I can't even access the main menu section, including the Options section as well.

...
To be fair, I could only see this on the website rather than iTunes and even then it didn't say for which version or date?
03-21-2014, 07:16 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Option4Studios View Post
To be fair, I could only see this on the website rather than iTunes and even then it didn't say for which version or date?
I just clicked link his sig and thats what I get. I don't know when it is from. I thought they removed them with each new version.

Anyway that is what an ordinary user is confronted with.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8