Universal [Pulled] BioShock (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I think that's a bit exaggerated.Sounds more like you take it too personal that this version is not on par with the console/pc version :)
    It's not THAT bad.Can't speak for the controls though since i play with a controller.Personally i can't play ANY shooter with touch controls.

The console version (360)is also not perfect.You have two graphic settings.You can choose between a choppy 20-30fps or deactivate V-sync and have a much higher framerate but tearing as hell.Afair the PS3 port is not better.

It's just 3 bucks.Hard to go wrong here for people who just want to check if this is their cup of tea.

2. zulu-man

zulu-man Member

Feb 19, 2014
  3. OurExistence

OurExistence Member

Aug 15, 2009
    And this is the screenshot from my iPhone 6+ been having a hard time upping this

Attached Files:

4. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    #764 henryfakesmile, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath Mac app store version is currently on 50% off sale right now, you should check it out! - https://macappsto.re/hk/90lh3.m

iOS version is also on limited 50% off, should buy both version, its worth it

and it also support OS X game center + iCloud save progress across iOS & OS X so you could pick it right up & continue the game when you are on your iPad & iPhone, thats why i always tend to buy games on mac app store rather than steam

BioShock - https://macappsto.re/hk/EOcSy.m there's also mac version of bioshock so you could buy it there instead of wondering about the iOS version is good or not, i bought iOS version because it support game center achievements and i am too chicken to play this game on my own so i have to take it outside ... man this game creep me out!

5. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    the game looks quite good from a distance but blurry & low res texture up close, since this is a game for the old generations of iOS device, couldn't expect too much until they decided to update it with metal API

the sound is excellent, immersive with my B&O H8 headphone, man, i am too chicken to play this game on my own! thats why i didn't buy the mac version of it instead went for iPad

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm not expecting it to be on par; I just feel as though the experience was compromised too much in bringing it to mobile.

7. Nyetek

Nyetek Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Pathetic

I think its disgraceful that its made not to run on iPad 3. This was only superseded by the iPad 4 less than 2 years ago. All of the other recent state-of-the-art iOS games that I've come across run fine on iPad 3 - e.g. for FPS, Modern Combat 5 and 4, Call of Duty Strike Team, Deus Ex The Fall, Dead Trigger 2, etc.

From the other comments, it seems that the game doesn't even run smoothly on the newer models, which seems to me from a layman's perspective to be pretty slack programming. In any case it evinces contempt for the market in my view - like fashion houses that only make dresses in size 0-8. Well, I am planning to upgrade to the 128GB iPad Air in the next couple of months but I won't be buying this game then, or anything else from this developer in the foreseeable future.

8. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    And on new devices,iPhone 6,6 plus,it run at last as iPhone 4 resolution,and on iPhone 5,5s Like a 3GS resolution..

9. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    I'm not into shooters, and only picked this up during the sale to see what the fuss was about. And...started it Friday and finished Sunday. I found it a bit creepy but enjoyed it! I've got an iPad Air and the only time I noticed a performance issue was when I was saving -- it seriously took a minute or two, long enough to grab a snack. But the graphics and play were very good. It was a very pleasant surprise.

10. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Finally managed to get my AppNana gift card,installing...will review it later.I'm on iPad 4 btw.

11. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Yay! Azerbaijan wins!
    Hope you enjoy it you've been waiting long enough hehe

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Perfect,just perfect.
    Runs really,really nice on my rusty but trusty iPad 4,graphics are MUCH better than I expected,overall no lags,I'm currently on Arcadia.

The biggest problems for me:

1) You cannot move your camera while using Telekinesis.
    2) You need to change plasmids if you want to drop the corpse/item that was lifted by Telekinesis on the ground.

But overall the plasmid is still really nice since auto-target fixes everything.

Just a masterpiece,you can never get bored of it - is not it truly fun to destroy some rocket turret by throwing a burning corpse at it and watch the corpse get blasted by the explosion wave?

I have 1 question though:

Does the "arena" dlc exist in the ios version?
    Since I've found the Sonic Boom plasmid(or however it was called)...

13. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Glad You Like this Masterpiece,
    1)You can Move The Camera while using Telekinesis
    2) You don't Need to Change Plasmid if You want drop/take an object with Telekinesis
    3) Bioshock doesn't contain DLC call "arena" in PS3,Xbox 360 Version,The only DLC was "Plasmid Packs"that Are already implemented in IOS Version(You will Find them at Gathered Garden) at a Cheap Price,The Other DLC was The "Challenge Room Pack" a series of challenge in different map,plus new Game+,but they're not included in IOS Version.

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

This just price dropped to $4.99

15. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Yup. Been checking it out recently. Might be the push I need.

16. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I just beat it on PC. Was one hell of an experience. Have on iOS but don't think it will give the same experience.

17. neku233

neku233 Active Member

Jan 23, 2014
    iOS 8.4 has broken the game it black screens after all the logos

18. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    This it's why i wait,i Stay on 8.3 For now,too many Games get broken by iOS 8.3,i don't want Others follow,not to mention My Touch id that doesn't work For purchase on iTunes/App Store after iOS 8.3,i always Update immediately,but after iOS 8,i always wait at last 1 month looking impression on My games respective threads,too bad 2K normally don't Update games until lot of Users send a ticket on they're Support Site sayng all The same Think,Damn,Not Bioshock!

19. gleeclub

gleeclub Active Member

Jul 10, 2014
    my game is ruined after IOS 8.4 , wont load, black screen, even after several tries

20. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yep,iOS 8.4 seems has broken it,have You try Disinstall/Reinstall?