Geometry Wars, etc.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by backtothis, Jul 20, 2009.

?

Which one?

1. isotopes

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. circuit_strike.one

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. other (list and tell why)

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Hey, I'm just wondering which geometry type wars to get. I'm thinking about circuit_strike.one or isotope. I'm not very familiar with this genre and the only game I have like this is pewpew (free) hahah. Tell me a little bit about both if you can and also if there are better games in this genre, list them for me :).

Thanks.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  3. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    #3 le'deuche123, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
    Well if you want an original game that's not a direct clone of geo wars I'd go with cs.one. It controls completely different and those who have had the pleasure of really "getting" the control, have all had the very same reaction......Holy Shit!!! A lite version is pending approval, however it takes time and effort to really feel out how this little beauty was meant to be played, but once you do, the experience is visceral!! It has a lot of haters and maybe some of them are justified but all in all, it's the ONLY game that I believe rivals geo wars for the crown of "Best Arena Shooter".

4. jovy23

jovy23 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Well Occurro is a really good Geometry Wars Like Game With very good controls and that Game is Pretty addictive and one of the best shooters. Isotope is on sale for $0.99 Cents and there is a lot to do like buy different types of ships, modules, abilites, and pretty nice gameplay. Then Nano Fighter is another good one so its up to you which one you want to get but i would choose all three and its worth it.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    1) Isotope
    2) Light Wars
    3) Ocurro

Best New Arena Shooter: Circuit Strike.one, I totally agree with le'deuch123

6. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    First off I have both Geo. Wars games on Xbox, am pretty good at it although not great by any means either and really like the games.

I bought CS1 based on alot of positive reviews and while I have only tried it a couple of times I simply have not liked it one bit and kinda regret buying it but of course maybe with more time it could grow on me.

I played the Light Wars lite version and enjoyed it more and may purchase this but I believe ppl have said theres a lack of weapon upgrades and such so Im not sure.

Isotope looks pretty good judging by the video and I may try that one out next.

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    What happened to your deadset love for Light wars? :confused: