Sound Effects by Kaamos Sound

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Tapio81L, Jun 13, 2009.

1. #1 Tapio81L, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
    Hi!

I am Tapio Liukkonen from Kaamos Sound, which focuses on custom made sound effects.

I have very strong skills in field recording, sound editing and mixing. I work with industry standard equipment such as Sound Devices, Pro Tools etc.

Please, check out my work samples
    If you want you can ask more work samples from me.

Some of my works:
    Game Audio
    - Magicka:Vietnam, DLC, SFX,Arrowhead Game Studios
    - Overgrowth, PC, SFX, Wolfire
    - Amnesia: The Dark Descent, PC, Additional SFX, Frictional Games
    - Casey´s Contraptions, iOS, SFX,Snappy Touch
    - Storm In A Teacup, iOS,SFX, Cobra Games
    - Minigore, iPhone game, Mountain Sheep gameplay
    - Toribash, Wii online game, Nabi Studios
    - Zero Gear, PC game, NimbleBit Zero Gear trailer
    - Garfield´s Flipping Mad, Mountain Sheep
    - Doodle Hockey, iPhone, Acceleroto
    - Voidstar, iPhone, Dark Realm Studios
    - Pinch, iPhone game, Coatsink Software
    - Watermelon!, iPhone game, Game Gou
    - Tethys, Flash Game, Dark Realm Studios
    - The Farm, Flash game, Dark Realm Studios Play it!

Other
    - sfx for Sound Ideas
    - Winter Footsteps Collection, Sounddogs.com
    - Cats SFX, Sounddogs.com

TV/FILM
    - "Family Roots", tv program, 10 episodes, sound postproduction, 2008
    - Boom operator, tv, various since 2007
    - Sound Engineer, Finnish Big Brother, 2005 and 2006

If you need quality custom made sound effects I am your man. No matter the size of your project, I will handle it with care and dedication. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any kind of custom sound effects or engineering!

2. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
  3. Hi,

Yes and for the game itself. I have to remind you that I focus on sound effects so I don´t compose music. I would like to keep it that way. To me those things are pretty different things and need different kind of approaching.

Please, send me email if you want more information.

4. marshmonkey

marshmonkey Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Tapio is the man if you need sound effects! He always has an idea for creating the sound you need, he has a ton of experience recording and editing. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!

5. Santa

Santa Active Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I am in the delivery business.
    World of Hardgore
    Santa wholeheartedly recommends Tapio! Folks at Mountain Sheep have listened his machine gun sound play for nearly an unmeasurable amount of time and they have retained every last bit of the sanity they started out with. As anyone who has ever developed a shooter knows, that alone should be worth a Nobel Prize.

Among other of Tapio's exceptional qualities are his ability of sustain inhumane amounts of snow and cold to get you the perfect footstep sound. He will then mix it in with two parts of lion roar and a fifth of some secret spice to blow you away with the result that is just what you imagined and more.

6. baldong

baldong Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Kaamos Sound is the first and only studio we cooperate by now, the service is beyond our expectation, he made near 100 sounds within 2 weeks, adjust them several times with endless patient and passion, the sound he make is unforgettable and full of imagination, here is one of the review we got:

"The sound effects are great. From the popping noise when you toss a watermelon peel to the smack of the alien blowing you a kiss, half the noises don’t make sense but they all seem to work towards the greater good. The main character steals the show, though, whether he’s giggling after sending an alien to the moon or doing his weird “I’ve never kissed a girl” noises when he catches a heart kiss." - technobrains

We never expected sound part could level our game up like this great. And thus we recommnet Tapio from Kaamos Sound!

7. If you want you can read my thoughts about sfx working from here: Gamasutra article: Sounds Of The Snow

8. edmace

edmace Member

Feb 25, 2010
    #8 edmace, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
    I've worked with Tapio in the past and his sound effects are unbelievable.So crisp and true.This gentleman puts his heart and soul into every sound he records-I'd also have to say that at times he even risks his well being! Need any sound design or effects,look no further than Kaamos Sound. Ed
    http://sites.google.com/site/edmacevoice/home
    http://www.youtube.com/bassyck

9. #9 Tapio81L, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
    Thanks for the nice feedback!

10. coatsink

coatsink Active Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Games Designer
    The attic
    We just finished working with Tapio on our first game Pinch - and he was awesome! Highly recommended.

11. Acceleroto

Acceleroto Well-Known Member

Doodle Hockey sounds by Kaamos Sound

I had the pleasure of working with Tapio at Kaamos Sound for my upcoming game Doodle Hockey. I pitched the idea to Tapio and he really ran with my vision for the game. The sounds are all original, perfectly fitting for the game, and super fun.

His sound examples are really worth checking out: http://www.kaamossound.com/works/works.html (The Zero Gear sounds are awesome!)

I highly recommend working with Tapio if you have any project that needs sound design. Top notch!

12. baldong

baldong Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    We cooperated with Kaamos Sound in our successful game Watermelon! ( United App store Overall top free 53 ). And now we finished our second game Soccer Stealers under his help. Again tapio is beyond our expectation, with sounds full of imaginations and humor. Which fit our game atmosphear perfectly.

I am back again to recommend Tapio, he will turn your game sound design part a pleasant journey and full of surprise.

13. panbrian

panbrian New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Among other of Tapio's exceptional qualities are his ability of sustain inhumane amounts of snow and cold to get you the perfect footstep sound. He will then mix it in with two parts of lion roar and a fifth of some secret spice to blow you away with the result that is just what you imagined and more. :D

14. Hi,

I have been involved pretty long time with Frictional Games and their new game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Finally this awesome game is coming out! Check out my making of video. Enjoy!

15. #16 Tapio81L, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
    Hi!

I updated my website with new material. More work samples and something new.

Kaamos Sound is in the Facebook! Check it out, there are a few cool videos.

16. sixthturn

sixthturn Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Folks at Mountain Sheep have listened his machine gun sound play for nearly an unmeasurable amount of time and they have retained every last bit of the sanity they started out with. As anyone who has ever developed a shooter knows, that alone should be worth a Nobel Prize.

:cool:

17. Hi,

Time to update a few things. Amnesia: the Dark Descent won "Excellence in Audio" category at IGF 2011.

I also worked with upcoming game Casey´s Contraptions developed by Snappy Touch and Mystery Coconut Games. Check out the trailer.

And if you are interested check out one of my making of videos then check this out: Making Of Overgrowth SFX

Tapio

18. Hi,

I just let you know that Kaamos Sound is also in YouTube now!