Award-Winning Music for your Game

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by veecheech, Aug 12, 2009.

1. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    #1 veecheech, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
    I am a musician and composer who has a passion for creating music outside of my field. I would give my music a tentative genre as being electronic/ambient, although elements of other styles exist throughout, because I try to explore as many genres as possible.

I hope you enjoy my music!

www.soundcloud.com/EvantheRed

If anyone is looking to collaborate, just send me a message here on TA, thanks!

EDIT:

My work in the game Spark It Up (by Sumiguchi) won the Audio award in the IndiePub Mobile Games Competition!

2. bob11bob

bob11bob Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #2 bob11bob, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
    I really like your music, it's good stuff

3. veecheech

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    #3 veecheech, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    Hello again!

I have made several more tracks for your listening pleasure, and my fun and creativity.

More about me-
    My music has been licensed before by Lightening Studio in IL
    I play viola, violin, piano, bass guitar, keyboards, and also sing.
    I have performed with many professionals, and was in NY at the Chautauqua Music Festival two summers in a row, and will be playing in the National Repertory Orchestra this Summer. I recently premiered a viola piece by the composer Elizabeth Alexander.
    Musicians in the MN Orchestra have complimented some of my classical compositions.

I would recommend listening to-
    "Journey Through Timespace"
    "Thinkin (about) Things"
    "Torrential"
    "Spectrum"
    "Future.Advanced.Developed.Expanded"

It's all still on the same site as the first post!
    Thanks for listening!

4. veecheech

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    #4 veecheech, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
    Hey again,

I now have another track to add, entitled "what if they lived among us?". This time I explored creating one that would loop, so download it and listen to it on repeat here. You can also stream it (and my entire album) here. If you don't know where to start, I'd suggest "Journey Through Timespace," "Thinkin' (about) Things," and "Future.Advanced.Developed.Expanded."

In fact, to spread my music around I have made my entire album available for free download.

Let me know what you think, and as before any developers interested in working together should send me a message! I have no current projects.

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    These are really good and I would really enjoy listening to them as a game soundtrack (hint hint devs!)

Do you happen to have any more? I just really enjoy listening to them as it is now and in fact can make them into my own game soundtrack for games that allow you to play your own playlists!

6. veecheech

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    #6 veecheech, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    Hey thanks NEG! I really appreciate it. As a matter of fact I have two new tracks,

Sphere and The Sun Rests

Both are also available at http://soundclick.com/veecheech

I made them with no samples excepting the drums, all were played by me on my synth and bass guitar, as well as a collaboration with my brother playing guitar. Let me know what you think of them!

7. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Awesome tracks, Veecheech. Haven't heard all of them yet, but I do like the tracks I got to so far. Really like Swirling Revelation and Luminous Downpour. :) Thanks for sharing them. :)

8. veecheech

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    Ravenblack,

Thanks a lot for listening, I appreciate it :) I'm glad you enjoyed them!

9. sumiguchi

sumiguchi Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Developer (Business Apps)
    Canada
    I've already contacted you but thought I would post that I really dig your music too!! :D

10. HMAudio

HMAudio Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Audio Designer
    Toronto
    I like what you did with the violins in your Celtic Arabia tune. Nice work!

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Nice stuffs!:)

12. veecheech

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    #12 veecheech, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    Thanks guys!

I actually played the violin for "Celtic Arabia" and layered it with tracks, pitch shifting for the cello sound and drumming on the bridge for... the drums.

In other news I am going to have 4 tracks available in the DLC when the update hits in a week or two in Sumiguchi's new game Spark It Up!

The game is really a lot of fun (and the basic features are free) so give it a shot :)

13. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Sweet tracks haha. :)

14. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    hey i make music also i will send youa sample wednesday maybe we could make a song together. also what programs do you use?

15. veecheech

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    #15 veecheech, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
    Hey thanks for listening Tzual, glad you like it!

I PMed you pgboy. I need to hear some of your work before promising anything- looking forward to hearing it.

16. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    ok i understand im on my pc so on tuesday when i get my macs back ill send you some stuff

17. HMAudio

HMAudio Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Audio Designer
    Toronto
    Oh, well no wonder the violin sounds so nice. Hah! Good work.

18. RiverOnFire

RiverOnFire Well-Known Member

I'm impressed Veecheech! Some of these tracks are bordering on brilliant. You have a real talent there. Good luck in your endeavors!

My two favs are:
    Luminous Downpour
    what if they lived among us_

19. veecheech

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    Why thank you RiverOnFire! I appreciate you listening to them and letting me know what you think.

Funny that you like Luminous Downpour- it seems that lots of people do but to be honest it's my least favorite track that I've ever made :D

20. veecheech

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    My music is now in Spark It Up!

One of my songs, named Continuum, is in the free version. Three others, named T-Rex, Te Shuri, and Sun Rests are included in the upgrade to full version purchase via DLC.