Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    ^
    I think its both Clash Mobs and more story.

2. Cynicalone

Cynicalone Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I only have a handful of items to master. I'm in NewGame+ Bloodline 55, each titan is dropping between 25,000 and 50,000 gold. The only weapons I have left to master are all hidden in the prize wheels. My character level is 123.

The game is very good, but so short. I would love to see a large game studio take this concept and build a full length game with it. Imagine if the castle was just one level of ten or so levels. Taking your character into a wide variety of areas would be problematic with the limited space on an iPad but it is where the game needs to go. Epic/Chair managed to build a dojo and one castle into the game and it takes a little over 1GB, so I imagine a larger game would push into the 5 to 10GB range. As flash storage gets cheaper the storage space on the iPad can grow to 128GB. Maybe that can give developers the space they need to build console quality games on iOS.

3. robertgarcia

robertgarcia Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I think you hit the nail in the head. When iDevices reach their, say, 8th generation and have larger memories (say, around 100 Gb) we should start seeing console quality games. Right now, games have to cater to most iDevices to make money, including the ones that have 8 or 16 Gb memory. But when that changes we will be able to see the real possibilities of these platforms.

4. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    I wouldn't say the game is short when you consider it as an action game and not an open world RPG like so many people think it should be. With no less than 50 battles to complete a playthrough it's actually quite long, and with more content on the way. I really enjoy the challenge and skill involved in the fighting mechanics that you rarely find in action RPGs. And I would love a solid RPG with the Unreal engine, but I don't think that Infinity is that game or should be. The new title from Square Enix/Epic will probably have more of that but I imagine it will probably be closer to Chaos Rings than Infinity Blade in gameplay.

You're right about space though. A game like Skyrim is just way too big for iOS right now, but I think it will get there. Just look at how much iPhone game have changed in the last year or 2. Still more locations wouldn't be a bad thing and I would really at least like to see Saydhi's palace expanded in updates. But right now I am more than satisfied with the content in IB2 and can't stop playing it.

5. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    I wonder what console games will be like once they reach the 8th generation, then.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I disagree the game is quite short. You'd have to play many hours before you can beat GK and by that time the game is no longer short. Some of the areas also change over time to get variety and there's s much stuff to master (or you can cheat and just use money to master everything). Plus they're adding in new areas, items, and clash mobs so the game is quite big.

7. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Having played as long as you must have to get to NG+ bloodline 55, I imagine you've gotten your money's worth anyway :)

8. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    It's possible to erase the slot with the newgame+? When I started
    I was at level 45 without infinity blade! Now i'm at level 61 with infinity blade, aegis armour and more stuff, but for new game plus I have to start from the old save!

9. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    If you restart from rebirth 1 from you ng+ slot it should take you back to rebirth 1^1 and you can play through again as far as you want, but make sure you have updated to 1.02 as it now lets you enter ng+ at your current level whereas before it automatically started ng+ whenever you defeat the Gk the first time.

10. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Can anyone tell me what NG+ does here in Infinity Blade 2? I haven't really explored the entire inventory yet but it seems as though the only benefit is that I could master items a second time around (just like in IB1), but that's about it. I don't see any other weapons or armor getting unlocked in NG+. Can someone explain? I'm kinda thinking I shouldn't have migrated to NG+ yet.

11. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Not really...if you try that "The Bard's Tale" you will find it is really nicely done with console quality, also give you 30+ hours gameplay. Hum...the game itself is 1.7GB after installation.

12. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I hope they'd include in the next update the option of deleting your New Game+. I made the mistake of migrating too early, and I'm really having difficulty with the enemies. I'm currently stuck with my life on the red line (dead after 2 hits), without any health potions. It's either I buy via IAP, or I completely memorize the opponent's moves and not take any damage. I'd like to play some more with my original game, but there's no longer an option to start a 'new' New Game+.

13. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    can't you like.... do like in the first one? (sorry, still haven't played IB2)

resetting the bloodline after death?

14. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    So you can't sell old mastered items in IB 2?

15. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Nope, you can only sell weapons which you have twice already:)

16. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Ok thanks.

Finally making some headway in this game. Beat Thanks the first bloodline, and then faced the sacred demon. Used a health regen potion and almost beat him on my second bloodline. Then went and beat the boss by the runes. I think there is only two bosses left until the ending. This game is much better, but I the file size is really starting to bother me, especially now that I keep all the games that lagged on my ipod on my iphone. With MC3, GTA, Shadowgun, and this, I am not sure I will keep this on my phone after beating it. I almost wish the could release a mini game where you just fight bosses and all other elements are stripped out, so you could have a small file size IB with all the gameplay elements. That would be pretty sweet.

17. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    finally got this game and around the same time jailbreak was released what a conicidence ;D

18. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    I have finished the game 20 times. It's time to update the game!

19. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    What is the difference between playing this on iPod 4G and iPhone 4S. Is it still smooth/good looking on iPod 4G?

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Good looking -> Yes.
    Smooth -> Hahahahaha. No, it isn't. Only the first fight in the game is, at least, smooth.