Would you buy an iOS device just for gaming?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CaptainAhab, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Would you buy one just for gaming?

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    You can't play Uncharted,Assassin's creed(real one not a card game)!Gow collection,Mgs Snake eater and most importantly Persona(best mobile game ever.)Tbh it's not even a competetion here I can go on and on including the 3ds as well and all games on a cheap android too which are all going to cost same as an iphone combined.
    Truth to be told I realise I've wasted my money on this device games with crap graphics are already laggy on it wonder what will happen when more demanding games are going to be released it's not going to last anything more than a year tbh,very lame deal for 850$ whereas my vita is good for atleast 4-5 years.
    Buying an iphone is making less sense even as a whole it's far too overpriced to justify that kind of money.I'm looking to sell my 5s already just 4 months in which just shows how disappointing I've found it to be.But that's just my opinion.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    @Mene: Love your sig. :D

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well I think it's ridiculous people spending that on a phone. I love ios gaming but I wouldn't buy an overpriced latest iphone. I've got an iPhone 4S and te amount of great games I've for for it I love. The phone (iPhone 4S 64 gig was $300) was well worth it

100s of great games and apps. Love it. But i would always always stay a generation or two behind.

4. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I stupidly paid exactly 850$ for my device,You're right no point buying the latest one not at that price anyway.I consider selling it for around 750$ if possible but I'm not sure anyone will buy it for that price.

5. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Nice signature. But for "Premium" things can change with updates. So I suggest you edit that. Because it's false advertising. You really want to avoid the ban hammer...

6. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I always buy the latest and greatest iPhone. I use the thing for hours a day, every day - it's worth it to me to spend the extra.

Plus N-1 iPhones generally sell for enough to pay for the new one on contract, so it's basically free, if you're stuck paying contracts anyways.

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    That's exactly what I did. Might need some background info, so here goes:
    I don't own a gaming PC for at least 15 years now. Moved to PS1, and never looked back.
    PS2 next, for a combined total of 2000+ Euros just in games, over a 100 I think. Add the price of the devices, a big TV, extra gadgets like controllers and memory cards, and you get a nice sum.
    Also, I use a dumbphone on purpose. For the 5 phonecalls I make there per month, a smartphone would be total overkill.

A few years back I got an iPod Touch 2 as gift from my wife, and the PS2 went into storage pretty fast.
    I bought my iPad2 and last year the Air solely for gaming. And I'm positively drooling at the prospect of the rumoured 12" iPad Pro ;) I could never go back to the smaller screen of an iPod/Phone.
    That I use it for web surfing, email, and eBooks is a nice addition. But the main activity is definitely games.
    And with family and job taking up a lot of my time, even with my rather eclectic tastes and focus almost solely on "real" RPGs - and Strategy games as second avenue, my backlog still grows faster than I can play.

Add the fact that I can take my iPad along almost everywhere (good luck just casually putting your gaming PC or console in a small bag, and then use it in the garden), and I have the best gaming experience in over 30 years.
    Mobility is indeed a very important factor for me, in no small part due to the way my daily life works, and what won me completely over to iOS as gaming platform.

8. CaptainAhab

CaptainAhab Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Interesting opinions, thanks! I'm thinking of picking up an iPad Air when the new ones release this winter for Netflix, mail, surfing the web, and gaming (mostly for shmups).