Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Fdor

Fdor Active Member

May 17, 2011
    #18221 Fdor, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    Hey guys,

first thanks for all the help i got yesterday. Was a good day i managed to get 5 achievements along with starting my first pattern. Actually i started 2 working on glacio and dextera overnight. Things looking good i reached 4% dex.

Please guys DO NOT SEND ME FROGS TODAY i have my mailbox full.

Also i would be interested in hearing about your Dexing method especially for the longer breed like 2 days.

Thanks

2. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    #18222 dean288367, May 18, 2011
    Dom, do you need royal carota and azure carota floresco ?

Will be back later to check to see if there are any "adopt-a-frog" request and to post the rules of "I'M SO PRETTY CONTEST" that starts on Friday.

3. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    As I recall, Sambo, if you update PF without updating the iDevice's iOS, you will get "unknown." Once you update, problem will be solved.

Nirtew: Did get the Orange Viola Pingo & immediately claimed for 22 stamps. Working on Cocos Carota Veru for 24 stamps at present.

Andi: I received the Africanis this morning & already it bred with a Black Chroma Anura. Not sure what I have yet but you'll have it soon.

PFlody: Just sent a Magus.

p.s.: Where's Shashta? She is conspicuous by her absence.

4. llurgy

llurgy Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    OMG you have finished the DEX!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Obviously I am a bit behind the times but I was just reading the hundreds of posts on the thread that I missed while life got in the way and read this post, I cannot believe that you finished!!

Mandy

5. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Nice to have you back. Thank you, it is strange not to have the dex to work on. I am slowing trying to get use to real life. I even was getting my list of books ready to download to my kindle and start reading again.

To give me something to do I have set up a ADOPTION CENTER since my frogs really miss having a greater purpose in life (dex, stamps and potions)
    I have a "special of the day" where I will breed a specific frog in any breed for anyone who needs it. Today is the White pruni.
    Also, everyone is welcome to check out my habitats 1-3 and nursery to see if there is anything they need. I can't guarantee how long they will be available but if they are there and you need them let me now as soon as possible. I always try to check the thread before I sell any of them.

6. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Sounds like a corrupt install. You will have to remove it and then reinstall. Sorry, it happens sometimes. But it would have been nice to have that much money.

7. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Thanks

8. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    yes I do on both counts.

9. Fdor

Fdor Active Member

May 17, 2011
    Dean what method did you use for dexing? could you share it?

10. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    You will probably regret asking, but here goes

A lot probably depends on where you are in the game, level, coins, stamps and potions. I started working on the dex as soon as I finished all the rewards and had all the frogs in my catalog. So my way of getting 100% is based on starting from that point.
    I set up a "breeding pool" that was made up of 23 frogs, every primary color and secondary color. From these 23 frogs you can breed the 368 frogs of a breed. I am very methodically in both real life and the PF world so I started at the anuras and worked my way through. After I finished one breed I would change my breeding pool to the next breed. If I did not have the next breed I would a) ask for it on the thread b) find it in the pond c) buy it from the frogmart d) buy it from my catalog .
    I took about 95% of my frogs to the pond to look for stamps/potions and to get the most value possible for the frog. If it was a very low level frog I would take it to the pond the minute it hatchet. If it was a little longer frog I would wait a little bit. I also accepted every new frog I found in the pond. I never would hop in the pond unless I had one slot open in my mailbox.
    By the time I got close to the end of the dex, I had built up coins/stamps/potions that I could afford to sell the eggs or hatchet the frogs and hop them for more. I also start accepting any veru or magus I found to keep my coins high.
    Anyway, that is the how I filled the dex. There are a lot of different methods and the one that works best for you may differ then the one that worked for me,

11. Spearcom

Spearcom Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2011
    #18231 Spearcom, May 18, 2011
    Thanks for the tip dean

Anyone need any of these?
    [​IMG]

12. Fdor

Fdor Active Member

May 17, 2011
    #18232 Fdor, May 18, 2011
    did you make the wheel with anuras only to start or if you were working on magus for example with magus?

Because making wheel with magus require work in the begining getting right colors and secondary but you get 25% on attempt after that. If you use anuras you can throw half of your breed to the trash but you can start way faster. Which one is more efficient?

13. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Thank you Andi, Brick, Dean, Dom, Fdor, Lisianne, Liz, Shasta for all the frogs. They are very much appreciated. If I missed someone I'm sorry but thank you. Right now pretty much all I have in my habs are Pingos, so please excuse my gifts' lack of specificity; just good for cash.

14. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I changed my wheel, if I was working on magus my wheel was magus. I did this because even my oops were worth alot of coins and it helped me level up faster. I also had a greater chance of getting another magus that I might need. I am a level 39 now and can get up to 20 stamps/potions in any present.
    I don't know which is more efficient. Sometimes I would bringing an anura in and breed with it to see which one worked better but I really did not notice much of a difference.

15. Fdor

Fdor Active Member

May 17, 2011

Thanks for the tips. I started working on glacio yesterday after i received my first one and i use anura wheel. Despite the fact that those frogs mature pretty fast i am still sitting at 33% with them right now. I chose this method because i only have 61% of my anuras so this method is good for both but in the future i was thinking about building my wheel in the pattern i am working on first.

16. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Oh, another thing I did that really helped me and made my friends say I was obsessed with the game (which I was NOT :D) was if I had some spare time I would take a frog to the pond and just hop it around looking for stamps and potions. The advantage of playing the game on an ipod/iphone vs an ipad is that you can do it with one hand. I am very proficient with hopping frogs with one hand.

17. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Sent, will let you know if I find anymore in the pond.

18. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Thanks again

19. lizardofyfe

lizardofyfe Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Hey llurgy nice to see you back again. :)

Any one interested in pingos is welcome to any thing in hab 3 just let me know.

20. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I’M SO PRETTY FROG CONTEST

Welcome to the first official “I’M SO PRETTY” FROG CONTEST on the PF Trading Thread.
    Everyone is invited to enter a contestant.

Rules
    • Pick out what you think is the most beautiful frog in PF land.
    • Breed, clone, beg or whatever is necessary to get the frog. The frog must be in your habitat.
    • Post a picture of the frog on the thread
    • With the picture give the frog’s real name, your “beautiful” name for it and a SHORT reason why it is the best.

General Guidelines
    • Have fun and be creative

Entries
    • You may begin posting your entries at 8 pm CDT on Friday, May 20.
    • The last entry must be posted no later than 8pm CDT on Sunday, May 22
    • I will post all entry post numbers after 8pm on Sunday and the voting will begin.

Voting
    • Please PM me your vote and voting will end at 8pm on Monday, May 23
    • Everyone is welcome to vote and only 1 vote per person
    • The winner will be posted shortly after voting ends
    • In making your decision please consider 3 things
    1. The appearance of the frog
    2. The name of the frog
    3. The “Story” of the frog

Prize
    • All non-winners will send their frog to the winners
    • Awards (frogs) will be given to the 1st and 2nd place winners
    • First place will have choice of frogs to be received first

If you have any questions please let me know. PLEASE do not quote this post as it is very long.
    HAVE FUN and BE CREATIVE.