Universal Beat Sneak Bandit - (by Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 15, 2012.

1. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Do any of you know how much gameplay you can get out of this? Any replayability?

2. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I agree, this game is super fun! It definitely helps (and is a main conceit of the game) if you realize it's just using a basic 4/4 time signature. I'm always counting "1, 2, 3, 4" in my head as I play or bobbing my head or keeping some kind of rhythm.

The music's fantastic, the style is like those classic '60s Hanna-Barbera or Dexter's Laboratory cartoons, and the puzzle element is clever.

I'm about ten levels in, and if you find it frustrating, I'd give it some time to adjust to the gameplay style rather than just throwing in the towel because it's really fun when it clicks.

I agree with the plethora of gaming review sites that sing its praises, so keep at it! What's the fun in playing a game that's too easy, anyway?

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Game Impressions

The game is simply amazing! I agree that the game is challenging, but not to the point where I get frustrated and want to though my iDevice against the wall.
    But, the key to fix this frustration (IF you're getting mad while playing), is to practice, practice AND practice!

The game could be a tiny bit easier for me because I am a musician (I play the alto sax). But even still, I find the game a little hard, which is a good thing! If the game was too easy, it wouldn't be as fun! Because of this higher difficulty, you get a sensational feeling wave through your body whenever you complete a level.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I pretty much blew through chapter 1, collecting all of the clocks, I'm sure it'll get tougher though. Right now the main challenge is simply working out the correct route to take, once I've figured that out perfoming it isn't so bad. Excellent game though, really enjoying it :)

5. SpencerKarl

SpencerKarl Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Stuck on a level

I can't seem to figure out how to capture one of the clocks on chapter 2, level 3. It's the clock located on the 2nd floor with the wierd sucking machine. Any help?

6. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    anyone figured out how to beat shadow basement 4 (chapter 2). i tried it about 30 times and gave up.

7. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    The more I play this the more I enjoy it. At first I thought it was too hard and I played only to finish the levels, but now I went back and got 4 clocks on most of chapter 1 and it wasn't that hard at all and very much fun.

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    When you drop from the platform you start on, wait for the vacuum to be directly under the hole before you drop to the bottom. Then go up past the vacuum without hesitating and you should just make it past, from there you can drop down to the clock and it won't be able to catch you.

9. Luca89

Luca89 Member

Jan 17, 2012
    icloud support please :(:(:(

10. Fractalrock

Fractalrock Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    If I wasn't up to par on a game like cytus-I kind of sucked actually-would this be a waste money?

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #71 TheFrost, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
    I suck at those games too and im sort of frustrated with this game but it definitely has some appeal that leaves me wanting to dominate it.... if that helps

12. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I think the key to success is doing it over and over and over. That's why I'm doing better at this game now. It helps to count out loud: "1, 2, 3, 4... 1, 2, 3, 4..." etc. and you need to look at the linking circle thing at the top of the screen. Plus, when you are doing tricky stuff like stairs and turning around, pause for a second and try to collect your nerves, relax. :)

13. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]BEAT SNEAK BANDIT[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    15/02/2012
    [/size]

Do you like this game with rhythmadelic controls, stealthalicious gameplay, and puzzletastic levels?

[size=+3][thread=122836]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    The simplest way to explain would be through a crappy, grainy video. As luck would have it, I have one right here:

*SPOILER - GAMEPLAY SOLUTION*

Make sure to go on the 4th beat at the beginning.

15. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Just completed all of Chapter 1 levels with 4 clocks! Including all the Shadow Levels!

16. Fractalrock

Sep 30, 2010
    Yes actually. Helps enough that I'm getting ready to hit the buy button. Thank you for the response.

17. Synthesyze

Synthesyze Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Depends. If you have trouble with reading the notes to hit (aka, too many at once), then that's different.

If you've got trouble with the timing in Cytus, which is actually extremely lenient, then this game will be more difficult.

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Anyone know how many chapters are in this game? I was half expecting 3 to be the last one, but nope, on I trundle into the 4th chapter :)

19. Fractalrock

Sep 30, 2010

That was my problem with it and jukebeat. Picked up BSB and so far I'm having a great time with it. I've found that each time I start a new level my head automatically starts nodding in time. Great game.

20. bgribin

bgribin Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Wow, this game's a lot easier when I don't play using my Bluetooth headset. I guess the slight lag made it much harder to play. Go figure!