Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 08-07-2014, 02:29 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemuraori View Post
slewis7: If you are on iPad and bought Shapist before you will get new version as an update and all levels will get unlocked for free, you will have to play the game from level 1 but I promise most of them are new and it is even more fun now!

Thank you for support!
Does that mean the old levels are gone?
Old 08-07-2014, 03:42 AM
iPad Air

2 Destined: I did redesigned a lot of old puzzles, some I threw away, some are still there, I wanted to polish out two things 1 - difficulty curve and most importantly 2 - I didn't want any filler levels, I want each and every puzzle to tell the player something about mechanics, show new ways of thinking new possibilities within same set of rules and surprise in a new way. Only puzzles that did that made it to the final 65.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:52 AM
iPad Air

I promised to share a bit of details about our video trailer

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Here are all the sprites / frames that went into it

I did all the frames in Illustrator, Ann Gee Neo drew key 6 frames, things like 3 phones and 3 positions of a hand, and i animated all the movements based on them.
I would put illustrator art into Photoshop and do the animation there with each picture lasting either 1/30 of a second or 2/30 of a second.

Game-play video was captured from the actual game and located at the bottom of the layers.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:35 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemuraori View Post
slewis7: If you are on iPad and bought Shapist before you will get new version as an update and all levels will get unlocked for free, you will have to play the game from level 1 but I promise most of them are new and it is even more fun now!

Thank you for support!
That sounds great! Thanks.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:07 AM
iPad Air

And I really really hope that THIS looks great (our official release screenshots)

And if does look great to you - please spread the word, repost us, re-tweet and donate a post at http://epocu.com/campaigns/shapist-s...-block-puzzle/
Old 08-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I just jumped in the thread for the first time now, and those screenshots don't tell me anything about the game and leave me confused. Do you have a simpler one to put in front?
Old 08-15-2014, 11:27 AM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackharon View Post
I just jumped in the thread for the first time now, and those screenshots don't tell me anything about the game and leave me confused. Do you have a simpler one to put in front?
well the whole game is about exploration, understanding puzzle rules via exploration of first very simple puzzles, progression and experiments with new mechanics. there are no tutorials or text in the game - it is a hands on experience. But you can watch the trailer as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEsVCCFjmmQ
Old 08-15-2014, 12:26 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Maybe that was your goal. I'm just put off by not understanding what's happening. You would miss my install based on the screenshots
Old 08-15-2014, 05:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackharon View Post
Maybe that was your goal. I'm just put off by not understanding what's happening. You would miss my install based on the screenshots
I have said this before and think it is super important that a trailer lets people know what you are asking them to download.

It doesn't represent the game well, which when you play it is actually very simple to play.

I think this trailer is a good example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CKJ4ulHO28 (it is a super hexagon clone)