We need your opinion for our icon!!! ***POLL***

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Incin, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Which icon do you prefer?

1. Icon 1

29 vote(s)
    85.3%
  2. Icon 2

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. Incin

Incin Member

Mar 19, 2012
    #1 Incin, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    So just as the title says we need your opinion for our icon :) If you would like to see a video and screens follow these links to our other posts. We appreciate your feedback so please tell us which icon you prefer. Of course the lettering will be absent in the final icon.

(UPDATE)We have released our app and included some promo codes here!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=Stress+Ninja

There are also some promo codes at this link as well.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=Stress+Ninja

iPhone: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=125266

iPad: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=125267

ICON 1:

[​IMG]

ICON 2:

[​IMG]

ICON 3: As I cant seem to find a way to edit the poll and icon 3 is new, just say icon 3 in the thread if you prefer it. Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. Creamer2010

Creamer2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Poland
    My opinion:Icon number 1:)

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Er... the first one looks ok, but that Golf club looks so random... Misplaced.

Also, the whole centerpoint seems too small and there's too much background. May be zoom in a little on the guy in the middle.

My $0.02

4. Incin

Incin Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Thank you for your feedback. We are creating a new icon except this one will be less cluttered. We are probably going to keep the background the same though.:)

5. Masterchief

Masterchief Active Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Icon number 1

6. melvazvd

melvazvd New Member

Mar 21, 2012
    My opinion:Icon number 1

7. emdash

emdash Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    artist / Art Director
    Oakland, CA
    Honestly, I think both are too busy. For something to be clear and easy to read, simpler is better. The idea is to get your game across as simply as possible, not to show everything that appears in your game. Here you're trying to put too much info into the icon: 12 balls, a golf club, a bat, a tennis racket, a missile launcher and a ninja! Much of that gets lost once the icon is 57x57 - for example, shrink either of these images down to 57x57 and you lose the tennis racket and bat entirely. Can you break the idea of your game down to just the simplest 1-3 elements?

That being said, I chose #1 because at least the background is closer to a solid color and doesn't distract as much. Having two different color stripes in #2 just add more noise.

Good luck!

8. Incin

Incin Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Thank you for the feedback. Like I said were going to trim the content down to like you said with only 1-3 items in the icon. Also any feedback guys on the game itself is also apperciated. Here is the link if you missed it. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=125266

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Personally, I like number 1, but get rid of the hockey stick!

10. Cor

Cor Active Member

Jul 29, 2011
    #10 Cor, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    The hockey stick will be gone in the final icon that we are currently redoing :) We are getting very close to the release date :)

11. Incin

Incin Member

Mar 19, 2012
    As cor said we will be removing the hockey stick. Any feedback on the app itself is greatly appreciated aswell. In my previous post there is a link to the video. And thanks again for the great feedback guys we appreciate it greatly!:)

12. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    I definently say icon 1 it just looks cool in my opinion.
    About the looks of the gameplay. From the video I saw it looks like a lot of fun. And with over five pages of items to use I doubt you can get bored quickly.:)

13. Incin

Incin Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Thank you bparker! Yeah we have 5 pages to start with and we will be adding more and more in with future updates. :)

14. Incin

Incin Member

Mar 19, 2012
    #14 Incin, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    Hey guys after talking with the team a bit we worked on a new icon late last night to show it to you guys to see what you think! So please give us your opinions! :) (Please note the lettering will not be in the final image.)

Icon 3:

[​IMG]

15. emdash

emdash Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    artist / Art Director
    Oakland, CA
    Looking much better!
    The rocket itself get lost a bit on the light background behind it. You could consider making the background darker there, or making the missile itself darker. (Look how well the rocket launcher and ninja read when they're light on dark.)

I'm curious why you went with blue as your main color scheme. Psychologically, blue is a calming color. Red is more of an alert color, and it seems to match your app more. Your trailer looks great with all the red in it.: it seems to be a more suitable "theme color" for your game.

But anyhow, a definite improvement!

16. Incin

Incin Member

Mar 19, 2012
    #16 Incin, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    Thanks emdash! I took your suggestion with the rocket and added in a darkness encasing the overall rocket. Tell me what you think? Also as for the red background idea I tried it out, but to me it didn't seem to flow with the colors that well. Ill keep trying to get some sort of red to work with it though if you feel that would work a lot better.

Here is the icon with the darker rocket.

[​IMG]

17. Cor

Cor Active Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Hey guys! I have some more news on which platforms this app will be on :) it will be a universal app for iPhone/iPad, Also will be for Mac , pc, android, and possibly blackberry. Once again feedback is always appreciated.

18. Sever77

Sever77 Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    No 3. You should put smaller icon size, 'cause you will see them on your device much smaller (not big with detail)

19. Endair

Endair Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    No no no. It's total mess. Hire a graphic artist for icon. It's worth doing.

20. Incin

Incin Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Thanks sever, the feedback is greatly appreciated guys! :)