which ipod touch to buy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bmyers, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmyers

bmyers New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    which ipod touch should i buy the 8 or 32. my main thing will be wifi internet and games some music,pictures etc. my question is for a novice gamer and first time ipod user am i going to notice a big difference and is it worth the extra money thanks

2. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    If you have a limited budget, and you don't mind not listen to music at all or just having 1 or 2 albums on your iPod touch, then the 8gb one is a good choice since it's cheap enough.

If you can spare $100 more then get the 32gb model at least, the 8gb one has outdated hardware, there're already some games that don't support the 2nd generation well, and you'll see more games requiring or optimized for the 3rd gen(32gb/64gb) this year.

3. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I say buy the 32 iPod Touch. I bought 1 Ipod Touch with 8 G a year ago, the intention was mp3, videos and wifi but the I discovered the games and the 8 G is short for music, video and games. Now a year later I have a 64 G iTouch, I prefer to have the full mp3 collection, 2 or 3 seasons of different tv shows, some movies and games lately are usually 100 megas or more. If you can stay with just a little bit of your collections then the 8 will be fine too

4. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
  5. albie09

albie09 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Lol! idk, maybe he wants more posts or something...

But while I'm here, get the 32 no question, unless you REALLY can't afford the extra 100.

6. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    32, I filled that up easy, get the 64 if you can

7. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
  8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    trust me, when you get the touch, something horrible happens.
    You start spending all your time that should be dedicated to studying and homework on school days to messing with it. 7gb fills up in a week.
    I have 300+ apps. I have a 7gb. I have 3gb of the latest pop music always as well. Don't torture yourself like I did. Get the 32 please.

9. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

To the OP, if I was in your situation and had your requirements, I would get the 32GB.

Peronally, in a month or two, I plan to buy the 64GB for music and some movies.

I would make sure to buy one size more than you think you need, this is why I suggested the 32GB.

Good luck.

David

10. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Wait for the iSlate at the end of the month. ;)

Seriously, the 32gb's OpenGL hardware is the one to aim for if you can spare the cash. If you can go the distance, get the 64gb so you don't need to delete apps and music that you like. Believe me, it gets full quite fast. Mine has around 2gb left.

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    i have 317 paid apps and a 8gb ipod, and always at least 3gb music.
    fml is an understatement.

12. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    if you going to buy a new ipod you might as well go for the newer generation