Support our Sponsors:

Old 03-19-2014, 03:26 AM

Thread seems like a bit of a have tbh
Old 03-19-2014, 06:43 AM
iPhone 4S

Okay I think I get what this guy is going for. He wants to create a persistent online world, so perhaps the timer is designed as part of that experience or to prevent people from taking advantage of some time-based mechanic in-game?

Everything about the original concept I'm fine with except for three things.

1. The timer, but only because there doesn't seem to be a stated reason for why it is necessary. Like I said above, there could very well be a reason for it but just having timers is a big turn-off for the crowd you're trying to draw. I get that you want the roguelike feel of real-life limitations like hunger and stamina, but those are actual game systems while a timer is the antithesis of gameplay in that their only function is to stop people from playing the game.

2. Where is the monetization? The post states that there is no IAP so the game must either be premium or ad-supported. The fact that the true price of the game isn't even mentioned despite IAPs being talked about might seem a bit suspicious.

3. I hate online-only games and refuse to play them (with very few exceptions) on principle, especially on mobile. This is just a personal thing though, I'm crazy and paranoid about online-only games since I've seen some of them die in less than a year even with big publisher backing. I'm sure other people would be totally fine with it. If you're trying to make something like an MMO then I wish you all the best, but I personally will not play it ever.