Universal Galaxy on Fire - Alliances - (by FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Nov 21, 2013.

1. VinceS

VinceS Member

Dec 29, 2010
    The only upside to the atrocious way in which the TA alliance was handled is that most people still in it are now pretty safe guesses to be inactive players, so you can raid them with impunity.

2. !nsomn!ac

!nsomn!ac Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Well, im guessing the new owners of the company/game just destroyed the game with one patch.

Removing resource gathering slow steady speed, making it 5x faster, which pretty much means you can buy credits- and spend it to instantly level headquarters and structures to highest levels - AKA Pay to Win

It was a GG.

3. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    The awful slow paced waiting game made me uninstall it. might reinstall it now :p

and this have always been pay to win.

4. !nsomn!ac

!nsomn!ac Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    I don't think you put much thought in what you just typed. Game was NOT pay to win, since speed of gathering was slow enough to balance things.

When resource gathering speed cannot be accelerated by spending credits, and the speed of resource gathering is slow enough for you to need to wait until necessary amount is gathered to upgrade structures, it provides the factor of the game that CANNOT be bought.

Having planets produce more resource faster than the time it takes to upgrade, leaves you with full silo of resources, which just means that you can buy your way to the top level headquarters/structures in a matter of hours and theres nothing that will stop you - hence Pay To Win

5. nervousxtian

nervousxtian Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Exactly, let's put it this way.

Level 8 headquarters. 134hrs to build, 847credits to bypass... my planet will be at max capacity before the upgrade finishes. If I had zero resources on my Home1, I could refill it without moving resources in 5 days... that's 888,299 TOTAL resources. At which point I can start upgrading say my Scanning Array.. which will take MULTIPLE days to unlock. Again, by the time its done.. I will be at MAX again.. then unlock next.

That's ZERO movement of resources from planet to planet... my fleet of freighters and carriers now? ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS. What's the point of moving 100+k of resources? By the time whatever stuff I'm building at this point I have all the resources I need without moving resources that just make me hit the cap that much quicker for no reason.

I'm looking at the game now, and every planet has a multi-day upgrade going on. It's removed any motivation to do trading between planets... and quality of planet doesn't seem to matter as much outside of a citadel.. who cares if it's low grade resources, it still makes MORE than enough.. that you'll be staring at outrageously long progress bars soon enough to not worry about it.

Also, you can now replenish ships so easily it's moot about losing them, again it's more the cap on waiting for the progress bar then the resources to build.. because now resources have ZERO value.

6. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Not sure where the devs are but it has been 3 days after the update and I cannot access my account it's like gone *poof*. I have contacted support and have not heard back from them. Started an alliance a few weeks ago and building since then it's all gone :|

Oz Niko.
    ZNA

7. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Sorry for the delay and complications, Ozes. You should have gotten a reply earlier today. If your problem's not yet solved, please resend your ticket and get back in touch. The last couple of days have been a little chaotic here, so I'm not sure whether we've reached all players right away or not.

8. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Thanks so much for the response :)
    I have sent 2 support tickets on this but not another one today. I will send another one.

9. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Since this posting I have sent 2 more support tickets and 5 days later still no response. I'm requesting a refund for my purchases.

10. bacobit

bacobit Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2012
    Are the servers down? Can't seem to get on

11. DarkWorshipper

DarkWorshipper New Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Fishlabs Sucks.

Don't get all teary eyed by the fact they respond here. Sometimes..
    They have turned this game into a PAY 2 WIN, REGARDLESS of the BS that the turd wranglers at FL spew.

The constant server issues, the stupid asshat 'server maintenance' that always, ALWAYS takes place on a freaking Friday and shuts down everything for hours/days. The ridiculous 5x resource 'gift'.... The stupid in game 'events'- clearly geared toward making you spend money. They can put that kind of crap together yet can't keep the game stable for more than a week.
    Oh, can't forget how everyone with troops got hosed when the 'gracious' 5x resource 'update' was so screwed up that they stole all of them. Probably gave them all to their dev alliances- Unite or Die and Unite or Suffer....

UFP- bunch of pillow biters. All of them.

12. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    How so?

13. chanandler

chanandler Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I am the Director of Aesthetics and Cosmicatology.
    UK
    Lol this is the only game I have played where I really haven't got a clue what I'm doing yet seem to be progressing anyway! Currently I'm at level 68, with a couple of planets and not a clue about what is going on. Not sure why I keep logging in, but the sound effects are cool and if want to try and figure out how to build the larger ships... Note to the devs: no way I will ever spend proper money on this tat, is there any way I can turn off the constant pop-ups as I don't want to buy anything?

14. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Does anybody know if they fixed the 5x resource buff or killed the planet registry? I have no interest in this game until then, and was hoping an active player could weigh-in...

Thanks in advance.

15. DarkWorshipper

Dec 31, 2013
    How's that UFP working out for ya now?

16. DarkWorshipper

Dec 31, 2013
    Resource "gift" still there but they killed the registry for everyone except alliance team mates. HOWEVER, some douchebag could join your alliance, note where the planets are then drop out and share the coords with someone else.

I'll admit it's better than it was at release but it still has a ways to go.

17. DarkWorshipper

Dec 31, 2013
    So whatever happened to TouchArcade and the players? You guys say F it and throw in the towel?

Where's all the pillow biting UFP lovers now?

Where'd you go Bellanova? Apparently, you're laying real low or not playing anymore. Was the sh*t storm that Red Elite caused too much for ya?

Remember in the beta when you guys were running around like headless chickens while your feckless 'leader' was losing everything? Guess who gave up the goods on ya? Stayed in your midst and knew all your secrets. Wasn't Aedan....

And to think it kept on going in the release...

18. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I think they lost interest in a game that wasn't very good in the first place.

19. justcallmedewey

justcallmedewey Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Is this game even still alive?

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Just thought about redownloading it because I used to love opening it to just look at the graphics and hear the sounds. Thank goodness that the posts above reminded me why I'd rather play Starbase Orion. Can't stand stupid freemium clan games. I just want a premium 4x space game with graphics like these on an iPhone. My wait continues. At least Orion is there.